forum

Why are some songs mapped only in low levels?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seudofonix
I've seen several maps that have various difficulties, but some of these maps don't have difficulties past 4.5*, why is that the case? And why don't mappers map songs with maps of 2011 or so? There's no difficulty past 4* for any map of no game no life for example.
Zelzatter Zero
the difficulty is theirs to decide, and most importantly, the song is too slow to support a 5*. If you see song like that goes exceed that then it's either overmapped dor overdone.
Asphiee
What ZZ said. Everything is mapper's decision and if song is just too slow, then why stretch it and force to make a difficulty that a song cannot support? It's only okay to map an overkill diff if you're not aiming for rank.
Chiru-kun
Unless you wanna torture players with 165 degree angles.
qwt

renzthegreat wrote:

Unless you wanna torture players with 165 degree angles.
Niva Flashbacks
BirbSMB
Or you can do those jumps that are like the ones from Swing Arrangement Harumachi Clover
Chiru-kun

My Angel Rushia wrote:

Or you can do those jumps that are like the ones from Swing Arrangement Harumachi Clover
Need good bpm though
epic man 2
reol - asymmetry but it is a 10* tech map on std
vinkami
Except for those reasons mentioned above, map makers may actually want to make DT maps for the 6 digits instead of normal maps so 4-5* is enough
TheKingHenry

Seudofonix wrote:

And why don't mappers map songs with maps of 2011 or so
since this doesn't seem to be answered in any way I'll drop my couple cents

Personally I'm very "music-oriented" in the sense that if some song is already in ranked, I'll pretty much skip it by default at that point, since I'm here to introduce new stuff. I'd assume many people hold bit of the same attitude, but to varying - usually lower - degree than my fanaticism lol

That being said there are also plenty of mappers that don't mind mapping stuff that exists already, so I kinda wonder this too with old bangers, especially when, like you said, the old sets may not even cover all possible "levels" of expression ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

double bpm mapping ver. agony when :^)