forum

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pokebis
Well it came out in the US today. I nearly grabbed it yesterday from Japan, because I'm impatient, but I did other stuffz instead. Let's discuss now, I haven't played it yet and haven't payed much attention so I'm not sure what it's all about. According to my friend, though, Game Informer (a Vidya magazine) apparently took points off of the game because the bosses were hard or something like that. Or maybe it was save spots to far from bosses. idk. Anyways, I'm going to play now. :P
lukewarmholiday
Game Informer (a Vidya magazine) apparently took points off of the game because the bosses were hard.
Void
I like this game so far, but most of the reviews are right about the difficulty (especially the second boss, who I found difficult until I decided to switch weapons). I don't mind, though.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
lol the crab boss sure is a slap in the face. Good thing I can spend an hour with my axes in a safe spot :P
xerxes_oli
I WANT THIS!!!!
James
what console?
obviously im too lazy to click on the adressbar or press f6 and type gamefaqs.com, bit if i did not post this i know what is the answer already.
awp
DS

People who complain about difficult games being difficult should go fuck themselves. If you thought DMC3 or Megaman 9 were "too hard" you're shitty at video games, full stop. If it's not NES Ghostbusters or post-game FOE-grade difficulty it is not too hard.

I have this on my DS; when I find the time I'll play it. Every one of the ARPG CVs is awesome. They're all very similar, but they've all been so awesome.
GSR_old
Talk about releases sneaking up on you. Severe amounts of want.
lukewarmholiday

Pokebis wrote:

lol the crab boss sure is a slap in the face. Good thing I can spend an hour with my axes in a safe spot :P

If it's not NES Ghostbusters or post-game FOE-grade difficulty it is not too hard.
There is a difference between hard and impossible.
awp
I'm past the GIANT ENEMY CRAB now. When it reached the top of the screen I wailed on it for like 5 minutes before coming to the conclusion that "it must just be invincible" and that, despite a lack of indication, you're supposed to stand on the spiky floor which is actually an elevator and squish! dead.

I wouldn't say the game/bosses are too hard, just imbalanced. So far, bosses have been able to kill me in four to six hits from full, whereas they each take about 60 hits to kill. Patterns are for the most part simple enough to avoid and after a short while easy to predict, it's just the HUGE DAMAGING BODY vs tiny weapon range ordeal. Once you get used to it, it's easy.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
I like how the crab technically died when the floor hit it's underside. Which is obviously the weak point.
RogueHiyru

awp wrote:

DS

People who complain about difficult games being difficult should go fuck themselves. If you thought DMC3 or Megaman 9 were "too hard" you're shitty at video games, full stop. If it's not NES Ghostbusters or post-game FOE-grade difficulty it is not too hard.

I have this on my DS; when I find the time I'll play it. Every one of the ARPG CVs is awesome. They're all very similar, but they've all been so awesome.
i think i love you awp :D

just got the game, crab boss is flipping me some shit, i'll get the punk thou :D
Topic Starter
Pokebis
Dracula isn't very creative.
SBKT
I can't afford this game and all the others I want so I'm gonna m3 it in exactly one week's time. In 24 hours after obtaining it, I'll have beaten the game.
Atmey

awp wrote:

DS

DMC3 wasn't very hard, but Megaman 9 is kinda, I only played the demo, I beat like in my 5th try or so.
Anyway, I beat Castlevania two days ago, it is awesome. Still few places yet to visit: Large Cave and training Arena, and Dracula is kinda smart, when I try to fly he smack down with some long white flames. I got it him later.

EDIT: o crap, its GSR.
GSR_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
BluePaladin25

GSR wrote:

What he said +9000
Atmey

GSR wrote:

o crap, it's you.

Ain't the net funny like that?
damn you, you should've got me here sooner. You knew I liked EBA and OTO . :evil:
lukewarmholiday

BluePaladin25 wrote:

GSR wrote:

What he said +9000
lukewarmholiday
So if you don't rescue all the villagers, what I thought to be a mere sidequest, you insta game over after fighting a certain boss.

what the fuck.