forum

Save disappeared on map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PaisleyBiscuit
Haven't done beatmapping before, so it was my first map. I uploaded it yesterday so a friend could try it out as well. Today, I was working on it again, consistently saving every 30 minutes or so, but when I came back about 10-20 minutes after I was finished editing it, all the changes from today were gone.

I know there probably isn't a way to get those changes back at this point, if at all, but I was wondering why in the first place the "save" just didn't save. Is it because I uploaded it and I needed to upload the saves?
Petal
There's a good chance you clicked the "Update to the latest version" button on the left when you finished editing your beatmap, it only shows up when your current version of the map doesn't match up with the one that's uploaded, that being different object placement/hitsounds, etc...

I don't think there's a way to recover the changes since when you click the button, instead of downloading another version of the map, it straight up just overwrites the content in .osu, don't quote me on that though.

A good way to prevent this is to simply not click the update button when you have local changes.
Topic Starter
PaisleyBiscuit

Petal wrote:

There's a good chance you clicked the "Update to the latest version" button on the left when you finished editing your beatmap, it only shows up when your current version of the map doesn't match up with the one that's uploaded, that being different object placement/hitsounds, etc...

I don't think there's a way to recover the changes since when you click the button, instead of downloading another version of the map, it straight up just overwrites the content in .osu, don't quote me on that though.

A good way to prevent this is to simply not click the update button when you have local changes.
Yeah that's most likely it. Rip, guess ill learn from my mistakes. Thanks
Chiru-kun

Petal wrote:

We thought mapping was the hardest part.

No.

It was this.

Seriously though, can't we have a system that prevents this aside from the screen warning? Also, this doesn't work on GDs. Anyone up for a game development post?
Topic Starter
PaisleyBiscuit

renzthegreat wrote:

Seriously though, can't we have a system that prevents this aside from the screen warning? Also, this doesn't work on GDs. Anyone up for a game development post?
Feel like at the very least, allow local saves not to be automatically overwritten. IK it was due to my own stupidity, but some anti-stupidity barrier would be nice.