forum

Need an idea on the frequency of anime maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
McEndu
I heard a lot of modders complaining in queues that they are fed up with generic/anime that they won't be interested in these...so, to get an idea of it, how many anime maps are in the last 100 ranks for std/taiko/catch/mania 4k/mania 7k?
PS the frequency of ranked 7k is rly low and these are mixed with other mode stuff so it is tedious to scroll down for one
WitherMite
the beatmap listing sorts by last ranked by default I think, so scrolling down there should give you a pretty good idea, its a pretty high ratio.
BirbSMB
Mate, if I tell you the amount on std, it will essentially be like... at least 1/3 of the maps.

It ended up making me grow a distaste for mapping anime, bar a few memes and a few that i like, and a dislike of the variety in ranked.
Topic Starter
McEndu
In mania, the frequency of anime maps seems lower. You would only get an anime after scrolling down a few tens of maps. It is almost impossible to make a pp map out of anime stuff in mania -- you would more likely be stuck at the 3* range.

SDVX, in contrast, is a more popular choice, as it enables more difficult things.
epic man 2
It is still possible to farm your typical TV-Sized Anime songs in Mania by using DT, but it won't give you an extreme amount of Performance Points in the end (Probably at around 200 or slightly higher than it).
clayton
the beatmap search api is public, use that per gamemode and count the # of maps with anime genre. u can plot a moving average of %anime in ranked or something