forum

How to report illegal beatmaps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YourSuicidalGf
Cannot find a post anywhere dedicated to reporting illegal/farm/impossible maps.

Like to report this illegal impossible monstrosity

beatmapsets/1048081#osu/2190711
WitherMite
nowhere, only report maps for breaking help/wiki/Rules#beatmap-submission-rules unless they are qualified and should be disqualified. this map is graveyarded and doesnt need to be reasonably playable

besides i just looked at it. its fine, you just need to git gud
i cant pass it either
Chiru-kun
hi i didnt look at the map but here, i guess this is for myself now

1. illegal maps.
if by this, you mean maps which infringe copyright (illegal in front of the law), then you would probably redirect this to the copyright owner. seriously though are you gonna report infringement in a rhythm game?... well i mean, sure fine. everyone has their opinions.

2. farm/impossible maps.
CATEGORY A: graveyarded farm maps
these dont exist. cant farm what cant give pp.
CATEGORY B: graveyarded impossible maps.
these maps pose no issue, since (1) its graveyarded, meaning the mapper does not care for it, and (2) no one recognized the map to be of quality. this quality overlooked includes playability. however, since no one cares, it should pose no problem. someday, it will vanish.
CATEGORY C: ranked farm maps.
these supposed "farm maps" are completely acceptable in the eyes of the ranking criteria and in the eyes of the most basic, generic map quality standards. you can do nothing about these unless you rank something called the Ultimate PP Compilation.
CATEGORY D: ranked impossible maps. you might be talking about tech maps, which are impossible aesthetics maps (there are easy techmaps, but im only pointing out the legit "impossible" ones like, uh, Atmosphere 2). maybe you just dont have the skill to pass these. if legitimately impossible though, quality comes into question. if its ranked, then playability was considered by the BNs to be okay. another possibility you might be talking about is movement mapping, which are impossible anti-aesthetics maps. again, since it is ranked quality of such has already been questioned, and somehow it passed the group.

other types of map reporting...
3. disqualification of a qualified map with a supposed mistake or problem.
just post a problem feedback in the modding section, and it should automatically come to the notice of bns. you cant disqualify yourself though.

your map falls probably under category b. therefore, no relevant player in the mapping process of the map is gonna touch that anytime soon. you cant do much about it.

tldr: in terms of reporting maps, as long as you know who to report to, believe what you believe and do what you wanna do regarding that map. just know that other people work on the same mindset, which is why some reportable maps, if you deem so, pass for others.
Zelzatter Zero
What even is "illegal maps" in the first place?

Also for the "illegal impossible monstrosity", it's subjective. I personally find the map pretty interesting to play tho.
lewski
taking "joined october 2020" way too seriously
Asphiee

lewski wrote:

Lmfao... Reporting a map Coz it's unplayable lelel... I should report ProBox's Exit the Atmosphere since I can't play the map...
Cerno

Asphyre wrote:

lewski wrote:

Lmfao... Reporting a map Coz it's unplayable lelel... I should report ProBox's Exit the Atmosphere since I can't play the map...
omg I cannot fc the 5* diff on no title welp guess I should report it since I can’t play it hehe

If op thinks this is how this game works than there will be no ranked maps lmao since there are always gonna be people who cannot pass/fc it
Asphiee
It would be hilarious if Tynamo sees this... In no toxic way
Chiru-kun
cries in Camellia
DeletedUser_13957006

Cerno wrote:

omg I cannot fc the 5* diff on no title welp guess I should report it since I can’t play it hehe

If op thinks this is how this game works than there will be no ranked maps lmao since there are always gonna be people who cannot pass/fc it
umm
Cerno

Blackeei wrote:

Cerno wrote:

umm
is it bad that I have a 1 miss B rank on it with DTHDEZFL

kill me plz
Asphiee

Cerno wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

Cerno wrote:

umm

kill me plz
pls stop flexing or imma SS blue zenith
Cerno

Asphyre wrote:

Cerno wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

Cerno wrote:

umm

kill me plz
pls stop flexing or imma SS blue zenith
bring it on u dingleberry
Dialect
op can you actually get good at the game and shut up
Asphiee
100% of the mappers here are a bit triggered. That's an undeniable fact :'D
lewski
don't get triggered lol it's just an innocent bit of cluelessness
Flanster
How about let people map what they want.