forum

Could I start mapping with little experience for Taiko?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Faade
I am considering making maps for the Taiko game mode since there are songs I have ideas for. Specifically stuff like metal and dubstep. However, I have not been playing Taiko for too long. I can beat muzukashii's and barely pass an oni if I try hard enough.

The reason why I think I may be capable of starting mapping is since I have been playing drums for many years, plus (I believe) I understand when to use which color and finishers in certain situations. I also generally understand what each difficulty consists of from reading this guide. I could, for example, be more literal with drum beats in oni's and have kantan follow more of the obvious rhythms.

Basically, could I start mapping now or would it be wiser if I start when I am more experienced with Taiko?
Zelzatter Zero
tbh you asking that question is like as if we mappers here all have experiences when we first map.

Just start. Nothing can stop you having more experience.
PalaceOfC
It is all up to you. If you feel comfortable about your map, but you are not sure it is good enough maybe try watching some YouTube videos. Again it is all up to you.

Just keep mapping and trying new things and try not to stress yourself as taiko can be tricky to get into.
realy0_
Having no playing experience doesn't stop you from making a map for sure but can help a lot.

you have to know if your map looks playable and that's it.
Most of the time, you will learn which patterns are easier to play than others so it would help you to judge the playability of your map.

Many people including me don't have a lot of playing experience but can map very well.