forum

Introduction, and slight confusion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Righteous_old_1
EDIT#2 I removed the first part of my introduction, because I'm no longer confused about anything. All you need to know about me now is down below.

A little about me:
- I'm a filthy weeb obviously, I can be picky about anime, but usually I just enjoy a show for what it is.
- I love the hidden mod, because its fun
- I used to draw a lot, but I don't anymore
- I like basically all types of video games, FPS, Racing, Rhythm, platformer, RPG, and yes this includes eroge
- I'm a very private person, and usually shy
- I sometimes get overly competitive

Current goals in osu:
My current goal is to make friends within the community to compete with or chat with while playing so if you want to chat or play some multis hmu, but other than that not really much tbh. My only gameplay goal currently is to get as many SS and S ranks as I can. I don't have any pp or rank goals currently, because its very difficult to know exactly where in the rankings I should be at without having earned any pp from playing offline for the past few months, but once I have a grasp on it I'll set some goals.

I guess that about wraps it up, if you read all of this thanks have a nice day.
Jocohan
From what I understand, pp is determined by a lot of things, the map stats contribute to it, but the spacing of the circles, the jumps, and streams in the map also plays a role. your accuracy and combo and how many misses you have at the end of the map also play a role as well.

I think a map is considered a pp farm if it gives a relatively a lot of pp for its difficulty.
- Marco -

Righteous wrote:

UPDATE: So my huge brain decided not to check the FAQ before making this post, but after reading through the pp section of FAQ I think I understand it better, however since there are maps that are considered farm it leads me to believe that there are balance issues with the system
That's why there is the pp rework that is currently a Work In Progress. https://newpp.stanr.info is the site if you want to check a player pp plays after the rework or how much pp does a map give after the rework. Note that is a Work In Progress and so the values might change.