forum

CTB patterns?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JackDoggo
I've played for 4 months now but I don't know the names of the patterns I play. Here are a few patterns I think I know:
1. Jumps - going from the far left towards the far right and vise versa.
2. Streams - I think its like jumps but faster and on shorter distances.
3. Hyper Walks - I've seen this on Der wald. Its just walking and catching dash fruits, but never dashing.

Pls roast my ignorance on patterns. Any other patterns I missed?!?!?
Nikolai
the classic antiflow pixel memory jumps
[ Zhiend ]
Here's a few more I can name:

1. Edgejumps - regular jumps that are barely not wide enough to be a hyperjump (a lot of converts have them)
2. Back and forths - in essence very quick jumps left and right
3. Stacks - not sure if this is what they're called, but these are notes that are almost vertically above each other, but not quite, so often you can stand in the middle of them, but some people wiggle them
4. Lastly not really a pattern, but some maps tend to have what people call 'trap spinners', where the banana density makes you go one way on the screen, but the first note is on the very other edge of the map
(example map: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/12221#fruits/46083 last diff with HR)
[Eun]
1. staircase patterns - you'll know it when you see it
2. wiggles - similar backforths I guess but like more close tgt? (correct me if I'm wrong) You theoretically can probably stand in the middle and catch them but most of the time you gotta move back and forth quickly to "comfortably catch them" but it of course will feel uncomfortable af when you're not used to it.
3. tap dashes? (are these considered patterns?) usually come out in certain kinds of streamy sections of hard maps. I don't know how I can describe it tho sorry.