forum

New Unofficial Osu! Update For Mac ! made by X-EVENT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
X-EVENT-YTB
Here's an unofficial update to the osu! OSX package. This is a direct replacement for the official osu! Wineskin package that can be found here: http://osuosx.tumblr.com

Note: the Wineskin Package isn't compatible on mac os catalina.
But I coded an experimental version possibly containing some bug to see for yourself in any case if you find contact me either through discord x-event # 0600 or through twitter @sabiledine.

It has several improvements and fixes several issues (in comparison to the official Wineskin package) including (but not exhaustive):

1. Fixes game not launching on High Sierra
  1. Reduces input lag
  1. Reduces frame drops
  1. Increases FPS
  1. Removes the need for XQuartz
  1. Prevents f.lux temporarily disabling when switching windows
  1. Smoother opening of beatmaps
  1. Fixes erratic unfocusing of cursor when using keyboard to tap due to Location Services
  1. Allows swiping to switch between windows
  1. Fixes black screen issue with dual or more monitor setups
  1. Fixes minimising of osu! when focus changes
————————!!!!Results may vary!!!!————————

the only flaw ç that you could not record the sound of the games

MAC NORMALE
MAC OS CATALINA
Technocoder
Hi there! Cool to see other people enthusiastic about osu! on macOS!

Can you provide a list of changes from the Wineskin I've developed? (community/forums/topics/682197). It seems that all of the features have been taken from my post which is fine but it'd be nice to know what you're adding to the table here.

Also you mention that:

X-EVENT-YTB wrote:

But you also provide a Catalina download option:

X-EVENT-YTB wrote:

MAC OS CATALINA
Are you referring to just the "normal" Wineskin? Also, providing a Catalina Wineskin is cool and it seems that you've taken my experimental Wineskin (community/forums/posts/7367239) without making any modifications to it. Good to see you find it working well!
Topic Starter
X-EVENT-YTB
Hy Technocoder i'm resharing your project for the frensh comunity
Topic Starter
X-EVENT-YTB

Technocoder wrote:

Hi there! Cool to see other people enthusiastic about osu! on macOS!

Can you provide a list of changes from the Wineskin I've developed? (community/forums/topics/682197). It seems that all of the features have been taken from my post which is fine but it'd be nice to know what you're adding to the table here.

Also you mention that:

X-EVENT-YTB wrote:

But you also provide a Catalina download option:

X-EVENT-YTB wrote:

MAC OS CATALINA
Are you referring to just the "normal" Wineskin? Also, providing a Catalina Wineskin is cool and it seems that you've taken my experimental Wineskin (community/forums/posts/7367239) without making any modifications to it. Good to see you find it working well!
Sry but i ve coded winskin and i have just boost fps for a little mac config ( with my version 2go of ram is for 240 fps ;) )