forum

What is the file size for submitting map (or marathon)?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
karlabos
I'm trying to upload a various artist collection but it won't let me because the file size is too big

I read that if I rename one of the difficulties as "Marathon" then suddenly it should allow me to get more size limit for the file. I read in other place I should include the word on all the difficulties, but most of these things were posted ages ago and all...

My question is: what is the max size limit? If I try to submit it says it's 37mb, but I remember uploading things with an audio of over 60mb and it working before (it was marathon)

If the marathon actually increases the limit, then what is the marathon limit?

And last: what should I do to the names/difficulty names of my collection in order to make the whole map count as marathon?
Zelzatter Zero
Beatmaps will fail to submit if they exceed the online file size or difficulty limit. The file size limit is 5MB plus an additional 10MB for every minute of beatmap length, and it caps at 100MB. The difficulty limit is currently 128.
Topic Starter
karlabos

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Beatmaps will fail to submit if they exceed the online file size or difficulty limit. The file size limit is 5MB plus an additional 10MB for every minute of beatmap length, and it caps at 100MB. The difficulty limit is currently 128.
But my audio file has 10min, so following that formula the cap should amount to 100mb right?
But if I try to submit it says it exceeds 49mb and therefore it can't be submitted...

EDIT:
Oh, I was trying to figure things out and realized osu! screwed up my beatmap, how great.

After you said it was based on the map's amount of beatmap I realized my audio file was being used for one of the songs (it's a various artists compilation) which was pretty short, so in order to increase the capacity I changed the audio.mp3 to the other one and this the following modification: I used audio for the song which had the biggest beatmap (around 10 min) and for the one which used to be audio.mp3 I was using a renamed version of the same song

But now it turns out all my maps have decreased to 3:56 and all the ones which used to have more had their objects after that removed =)

I guess the cap of 40mb or something I get displayed is because of that 3:56 then, but I don't know what osu! now thinks the main song is. I thought audio.mp3 would always be the default...?

EDIT2: Well, after redoing the rest of the map which is now using the 10min audi.mp3 it seems it amounts to 100mb capacity as it should. The rest of the maps still got their things removed though, which I think is weird. Was it intended? Well, anyway thanks for the info on the original question, this is subject for another post I guess, so I'm gonna post it on a separated topic.