forum

(POLL) 2nd beatmap made, WIP but I want to see some tips

posted
Total Posts

From a scale of 1-10, how bad/good is this map? 1 being TERRIBLE, 10 being "it's pretty good" (pick 2, 1 option for each map, if you think both of them are a 5, just pick 5 and leave it.)

1 - Terrible
44.44%
2 - Bad
11.11%
3 - Meh
11.11%
4 - Lots of room for improvement
11.11%
5 - Could use some work.
0.00%
6 - It's iight, I wouldn't leave if someone chose this in a host rotation room.
0.00%
7 - I'd play this if it was for PP
11.11%
8 - Good song.
0.00%
9 - Actually enjoyed it! Wow!
0.00%
10 - This is good! I'll probably add this to my collection of "Good Songs"
11.11%
Total votes: 9
Topic Starter
Zumn
FIRST beatmap, didn't know much at all when I made it
beatmapsets/1203228#osu/2505615

second beatmap that I'm choosing to update overtime as I learn more
beatmapsets/1221434#osu/2540802

leave tips down below, I'll be reading them all and hoping to utilize them if I can, thanks!
Chiru-kun
second map

ok will be honest

its a bad map. just seeing the word "normal" with 3+ star rating is a unnerving sign.
need to be aware of more things: playfield usage, if a song section has irregular timing, slider creation and usage, and what TO put and NOT TO put in such low level difficulties.

can i go to the top section of the map? is it ok to go there in my map now? dont stick to one area if unnecessary. it makes player movement cramped and restricts your mapping option. use the playfield like a tool, part of the map.

dont go overboard too muck with higher than 3-anchored sliders. practice using the simple ones first. simple curves, lines, corners. use slider art lightly (like the long one in the middle of your map, if you did that properly, it would be ok.

differentiation. 00:56:686 (1,2,3,4,5), for example. they all lok the same but the first 3 are of 1/4 spacing and the last 3 are of 1/2 spacing. differentiate them visually. that will get to the players.

also modded the map at discussions itself.

ok there we go. goodluck!
Topic Starter
Zumn
alright I appreciate the feedback, I will try to utilize the advice in future maps that I make
"differentiation"
I kind of tried to use that but then again, I am still a newbie at making maps and I think I'm improving pretty quickly with every 30 minutes I spend messing around in the editor.