forum

Friend made a SB, doesn't work properly when placing files in song folder

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shiyzo
Hello!

As the title says, a friend of mine worked really hard to make a really dope SB. However, whenever I put those files in my song folder, they wouldn't load properly for me.

I could see the pictures they used for the SB in "Sprite Library", but not the SB itself.
We're both kinda new in this whole world so I'm sure we're just not doing something right and wherever we looked, whoever we asked, we couldn't find the right answers.
Could it be because I was messing around the song setup causing a change in my own folder and it differed from theirs? (I've changed tags, some hitsounds, song name etc.)

Eventually, we managed to figure out another way of me adding a SB, whereas I would send them my .osu file of the difficulty I was working on (it was still a WIP), they would replace it with the older difficulty, export the map and send me the whole thing.
I'm still just curious for future refrence what we didn't do right and how I can get the SB by simply putting the files in my song folder, without having to go through this whole process of them exporting a map for me!

Thank you for your time :-)
Star Stream
it could be a silly question but did you put the .osb file in your folder
Topic Starter
Shiyzo

Star Stream wrote:

it could be a silly question but did you put the .osb file in your folder
Yes, both .osb and SB file were put into song folder
Petal
Please do check the file name of the .osb, you can refer to other storyboarded maps to see how they're formatted.

you mentioned how you've changed the song title, which would cause osu! not to recognize your storyboard if the .osb's filename isn't updated when your friend sent you the file. So again, formatting the filenames correctly could prevent this.
Topic Starter
Shiyzo

Petal wrote:

Please do check the file name of the .osb, you can refer to other storyboarded maps to see how they're formatted.

you mentioned how you've changed the song title, which would cause osu! not to recognize your storyboard if the .osb's filename isn't updated when your friend sent you the file. So again, formatting the filenames correctly could prevent this.
So, as I thought, this messing up of mine with the files had something to do with it, most probably. Thanks!