forum

Need someone to help me learn mapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SmoothCat
So hi,

I'm SmoothCat and I would like to learn mapping for standard. I sadly missed the chance to enter the "Community Mentorship Program Spring 2020" but I would still like to learn it so does anyone want to help me get into it?

If yes you can add my discord -> SmoothCat#1337

I would really appreciate it and I would try my best.

And btw i speak English and German so it would be helpful if you do as well :D
abraker
would like someone to teach me mania mapping too...
Dialect
well most mappers would tell you, "oh go watch pishifat's videos!" they definitely help, but it's nice to learn different perspectives of mapping. i believe that any map is good so long as they have nice concepts. i think an easy way to learn mapping is to play maps and gain skill before mapping. i started mapping right when i joined the game, mainly because it looked cool.

abraker wrote:

honestly i think mania mapping is easy tho. but i dunno. i tried mapping mania a few times tho, so
Star Stream
I do have mapping curriculum for beginners but I'm sure there would be many mentors who can teach you more effectively than I can. hope you would catch them : D

just pm me if there isn't lol
abraker

MinNin wrote:

abraker wrote:

honestly i think mania mapping is easy tho. but i dunno. i tried mapping mania a few times tho, so
It's easy if you do a simple map that's easy to rank. I can give you a few sample maps and you tell me how easy you they are, cause don't think it's *that* easy if you are going for certain skills or style.
Hydreigon
i would also like someone to teach me the ways of ctb mapping
Asphiee

Star Stream wrote:

I do have mapping curriculum for beginners but I'm sure there would be many mentors who can teach you more effectively than I can. hope you would catch them : D

just pm me if there isn't lol
Here's Star Stream for you. You got lucky ;)
lewski

SmoothCat wrote:

I sadly missed the chance to enter the "Community Mentorship Program Spring 2020"
For what it's worth, we're approaching phase two of the spring cycle, which means that mentors who have room for more mentees or are parting ways with their current ones can take additional mentees if they want.
Topic Starter
SmoothCat

lewski wrote:

SmoothCat wrote:

I sadly missed the chance to enter the "Community Mentorship Program Spring 2020"
For what it's worth, we're approaching phase two of the spring cycle, which means that mentors who have room for more mentees or are parting ways with their current ones can take additional mentees if they want.
This would be awesome but how do i join it now? can i just fill out the form like befor or how do i enter?
Dialect
in my personal opinion tho, i wouldn't really get a mentor. i personally don't have a mentor because i want to teach myself mapping, and i don't think i could do that if i had a mentor.
lewski

SmoothCat wrote:

This would be awesome but how do i join it now? can i just fill out the form like befor or how do i enter?
yeah you can fill the form when it opens again, it shouldn't be open right now but check back every once in a while

MinNin wrote:

in my personal opinion tho, i wouldn't really get a mentor. i personally don't have a mentor because i want to teach myself mapping, and i don't think i could do that if i had a mentor.
There's no reason to get a mentor if you don't want one. I'm not going to advise against getting one either, though, because having an experienced mapper you know will answer your mapping questions is a great resource. To each their own.