forum

Does drain time have to be consistent?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
furry hater
So I am mapping a GD for someone, and that the mapper that was asking for GDs had put two breaks in their diff, there was only 1 diffculty in the map.

But my question is that am I supposed to have the same amount of drain time of each diffculty or not?

Also, If so, can I put breaks the are the same amount as the drain time as that one other diff?
rbk
No, drain time doesn't need to be consistent, and yes, you can use the same breaks/drain time in the same places if you wish. It's up to each mapper to interpret the music, and as long as the breaks are representative of it, you're free to use them however you like.
Chiru-kun
the only problem would be spread. somewhere on the ranking criteria, it states that the spread requirement of a mapset depends on the draintime of its top diff. therefore your own drain time does not affect the spread requirements. however, you must map more than a given percentage of the song (i forgot the percent though... i think 70%). as long as you have drain time above to that percent of the song length (for sensible meaning of song length, not including some extras added to the front or end or smth), you're free to express the song with any breaktime given you're actually expressing it.