forum

Osu to Osu!mania Conversion and Mapping Tools

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MitoCristae
What's with the song conversion of Osu to Osu!mania maps? (I mean, respect to whoever implemented the conversion, because it's damn good.) Except I've found that native Mania maps have much more intuitive timings (And not as many holds/lifts) so I'm looking for a way to filter the song list by Native/Converted songs.

When editing a converted song (that only has Osu maps), I'd also like to be able to derive from the converted Mania map (for personal use, of course.) Is there any way to do that?
Also, are there any alternative mapping tools? A big feature I miss, coming from DDreamStudio, is being able to see the waveform in the background to make it easier to time beats and notes to sounds. This is especially handy if the song is irregular like Cold Heart (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU1bsE-2AzE).

Any tips for getting into Osu!mania (coming from Stepmania) are appreciated. I switched cus solos and doubles (6k and 8k) were kinda lack-luster, and the interface (even Etterna) isn't anything to write home about. I apologize if this is this is the wrong place or if the conversion is already documented somewhere, but I haven't found anything after searching for quite a while, and I'm kinda new to Osu.
Chiru-kun
i think going on osu! mode then typing mode=mania should work. every converted map is on the normal osu mode, and pure mania maps are left to be filtered.