forum

i feel like i'm bad at mapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dialect
what's the use of mapping anything anymore when i can't even get my maps to look aesthetically nice? i just feel like giving up mapping, because if i can't have an aesthetically nice style, then no one would actually like it. i just want to improve, and i've been doing that by playing the game more, but i can't even improve at that. i want to map more, but what's the use when the map gets no attention? sorry for bitching about it, but, it's just something that's been on my mind for a while.
furry hater
In my opinion, aesthetics aren't very "important" because many maps have a different style depending on mapper, and decide what people can do with songs. I don't think that maps are either look ugly or nice, and it doesn't even bother me how people think the map looks. It is just that if it is hitsounded right or syncs to the song or is for the difficulty, it can increase the chances of the map being noticed.
Topic Starter
Dialect

Sombez wrote:

In my opinion, aesthetics aren't very "important" because many maps have a different style depending on mapper, and decide what people can do with songs. I don't think that maps are either look ugly or nice, and it doesn't even bother me how people think the map looks. It is just that if it is hitsounded right or syncs to the song or is for the difficulty, it can increase the chances of the map being noticed.
i don't know. i'll probably keep mapping, but i dont know. as abraker said, bns are biased. and i notice that now. before i thought it was "oh! they just applied concepts new mappers can't." but looking at it now, it's probably because of the sweetdude effect
Laxxer
There are actually a decent amount of BNs who like and will push forward maps that arent your usual aesthetically pleasing map....
Topic Starter
Dialect

Ashton wrote:

There are actually a decent amount of BNs who like and will push forward maps that arent your usual aesthetically pleasing map....

Ashton wrote:

looking at it now, aesthetics do matter to an extent. you can argue with me if you want, but i still think aesthetics matter to some degree. maps can get ranked without focusing on aesthetics, which i like, but maps can also not get ranked for looking ugly
Asphiee
Ummm.... MinNin you should try looking at my maps. Recently I don't even give a S about styles. Personally, style doesn't have to be the same in every song. You would think my style is bad but who cares, I have my concept on why I mapped it like that. Idk if you'll even bother taking a look at a no-name mapper's trash but here we go:
*Style 1: beatmapsets/1118346#osu/2336092
*Style 2: beatmapsets/1165766#osu/2437178
*Style 3: beatmapsets/1163862#osu/2427953
*Style 4: beatmapsets/1156274#osu/2416487
Mapping is very subjective. I can say you're maps are bad and you can say my maps are bad, everyone has different opinions.
Simply, I don't get you.
lewski
if you keep mapping, you can get to a point where your maps look pleasing to you

if you quit, you will never get there, guaranteed.
Esutarosa
You have pretty good and nice cards, and their aesthetics are good too, but yes.. there is still work to do

If you continue in the same vein and do not stop, then I think that you will succeed. Personally, I liked a couple of cards