forum

Beatmap lost plz help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sp11ro
Im new to mapping I had an uploaded beatmap that i was still working on and wanted to show it to a friend. He went to download it and I accidentally left the multi and when i rejoined it said i had to update it to the latest version and I did but that deleted all the work I had done without for some reason and reverted it back to how it was when it was first uploaded. Is there a way to get it back?
TheKingHenry
unfortunately, if you didn't have any copy of it anywhere, not as far as I'm aware of :(

That "update to the latest version" updates the map to the latest version that is uploaded (as you probably realized already), so avoid it like plague when you have non-uploaded work on you (or just upload every time you do something new and you won't have the "problem")
Shiyzo
what henry said, but also did you export the new version? if you have, there is yet hope to get back all your progress by going to exports in your osu! file and just importing the beatmap to your game
epic man 2
You might be lucky if you saved an .Osz file of the map before, that happened with me and Sonic's Beatbox Solo where I lost the map but not the timings (Thank god).
Topic Starter
Sp11ro

Shiyzo wrote:

what henry said, but also did you export the new version? if you have, there is yet hope to get back all your progress by going to exports in your osu! file and just importing the beatmap to your game

Already checked and i couldn't find one rip map thanks tho