forum

What is the LEAST toxic videogame fandom you've ever found?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen
It is difficult to find a non-toxic fanbase, so, in your experience, which is or are the least toxic videogame fandom/s you have been into?
Rio-
So far World of Tanks is what I considered least toxic... But I haven't really went far deep into their fanbase yet.
KatouMegumi

Rio- wrote:

So far World of Tanks is what I considered least toxic... But I haven't really went far deep into their fanbase yet.

Differemt story in the Russian community and servers, based on what my friends tell me.

OT: I would say...English-speaking Minecraft community
EineKrone
Guild Wars 2 has been a recent(for the last year or so) one, I found a great chill guild and the times of people screaming in my ears in dota are long behind me.

osu also was fantastic, I miss you all...
Kleemann
I'd probably say Trials Evolution's (didn't really get to play HD and Fusion). Everyone I met was competitive but always cool and willing to help you get better at the game.
Asphyxialice
Probably Monster Hunter? The community for Amplitude 2016, whatever of it existed, was always very nice whenever I'd post in groups for it but Monster Hunter trumps it out in terms of players helping one another improve.

I agree with Minecraft above though. Only toxicity I've really encountered in MC was back in a MLP server right when the whole fandom was starting to rot.
TicClick
NITW
c0ldman
Surely not CS:GO lmao
Saen
Club Penguin
Shreddedknight
Tbh I haven't found any games where the community wasn't chill but I believe Terraria is the least toxic of them all
Hydreigon
Roblox Pokemon Brick Bronze, ok firstly Roblox isn't really a 100% nontoxic community, however, in the Pokemon Brick Bronze server it was actually the friendliest game in Roblox I found, lots of people help each other, like teaching them what to do, trading them some good pokemon, becoming friends, etc, etc. One time i got baited into trading all my pokemon in exchange for them to have mega stone, i was so sad and frustrated, so I called out for help in the community and eventually, they reported (and banned) the dude who stole my pokemon's and traded me some good mons as well. It was really the nicest (for me) community in Roblox, but I'm still sad (even today) Roblox had to take the game down due to copyright :'(
TheKingHenry
From my experience single player and/or co-op-type of games tend to have more wholesome communities since the members are not put against each other, aka, there's no competition. Asshats will still be asshats no matter the community, but at least the game does not "create" animosity
Mee-ko

KatouMegumi wrote:

Rio- wrote:

Differemt story in the Russian community and servers, based on what my friends tell me.

Well, no. English-speaking Minecraft community is so toxic
Topic Starter
Nuuskamuikkunen

[GD]Spider wrote:

KatouMegumi wrote:

Rio- wrote:

Well, no. English-speaking Minecraft community is so toxic

Spanish-speaking is toxic too.

But current minecraft community is a bit less toxic than it was 5 years ago.
Alyx Vance
probablyyy hylics and hypnospace outlaw? also club penguin ngl. minecraft has a decent fanbase nowadays
Zozimoto
if i had to say (correct me if this doesn't count), from my experience, most of the speedrunning community, most people are chill and are willing to help you.
DeletedUser_5153421
pretty much anything non-mainstream bleh
DeletedUser_6709840
Lots of single player games have chill communities (Don't Starve, Huniepop, etc) but the least toxic gaming community I've been in is Runescape. Sure, there's been a lot of drama if you look for it and there are bad eggs but most of the people I've met there are chill and the moderation team is cool.
Eifuyu
imo Monster Hunter.
clayton
factorio's got an amazingly nice and supportive community, I think it's because there's a bit of dedication required to get out of the space where you're a "new" player
SA ST
shotgun farmers

also no one bully you there for being a tiktoker cus almost everyone came from the devlopers tiktok where he post devlogs
Asphiee
Osu
makarooner
Roblox man!!!!
Catbug1524
Halo.....I know it's actually pretty toxic, however, it does have the most wholesome moment I have had an encounter within a game. I was playing capture the flag (one flag), my team was losing and everybody eventually quit besides me, when It was just me playing offense against 8 other people, one of the enemy team members drove his vehicle towards, picked me up, and drove to his flag, the rest of his teammates were just waiting there not shooting me, and were just vibing. Eventually, after my confusion about why I wasn't being shot, I picked up the flag, and then most of the team just followed me back to my base, waiting for me to capture their flag.

The enemy team still won, but I found it very cute and wholesome that the other team was just supporting me being alone on my team.
Neko [OwO]
GOI be a pretty chill community (Getting Over It)... well, at least the speedrunning part of it. There's people who congratulate you when you get a good time and it's just an overall nice community. Twitch streamers and such who speedrun this game are really nice and don't care if you are bad at the game. I think most of this reason is because of the YouTuber who's gaining popularity who speedruns this game: Codyumm.
- Isla -
i genuinely think the osu! fandom is great
clayton
compared to other games, it's so easy to get involved in even the "niche" parts of osu! community, so I think if you have some intuition where to look you're guaranteed to find lots of cool people. I don't know if overall it's less toxic or whatever but it's your personal experience that matters
- Isla -

clayton wrote:

compared to other games, it's so easy to get involved in even the "niche" parts of osu! community, so I think if you have some intuition where to look you're guaranteed to find lots of cool people. I don't know if overall it's less toxic or whatever but it's your personal experience that matters
i agree.
RealMadzie
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Kirby fandom. Most people are really nice and chill, and the few that aren't can be easily avoided.

But in general, the most toxic video game fandoms I've found usually have two groups, the "listen to the fans!" and "the listen to the fans group is toxic!", fighting with each other (Super Smash Bros., Pokemon, Paper Mario, etc.). A variation of that is the fanboys and the "this fandom is toxic!" group fighting with each other (Undertale in 2016, Fortnite, etc.). As long as a fandom doesn't have any of these conflicts and people don't take the games too seriously, the fandom is really pleasant and chill.
-BunZ-
i prefer MHW, even how stupid i am, they still carry me, lol
show more