forum

Background problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ghasf
Hello guys, i'm new in the mapping section of the forum, I've putted a black background just for mapping and not getting distracted, then I replaced it with the "real" background and I still get the black background in the preview image of the map (the little image near the difficulty), but the map got the new background. Do someone know how to fix it? Sorry for my poor english
Shiyzo
this is gonna be like that until you publish the map, or you can just open your map files, delete the black background that you’ve used and leave the new one. when in editor
file -> open song folder and there you have it
BR41N
I actually have a map like this too and the old BG in the preview stayed there even after publishing, deleting the old one and updating
Topic Starter
Ghasf
True, i've tryed already to public that as a Wip and to delete the black background in the song folder but still staying there, i really dont know what to do :/

Shiyzo wrote:

this is gonna be like that until you publish the map, or you can just open your map files, delete the black background that you’ve used and leave the new one. when in editor
file -> open song folder and there you have it
Serizawa Haruki
After you have uploaded the most recent version of your map to the website, try deleting your map locally, then close the osu! client. Right click on your osu! desktop icon and press "open file location", this will lead you to your osu! folder. It contains another folder named "Data" (which is only visible if you have enabled the "hidden folder" option in the file explorer settings). In that folder there's another folder named "bt" which contains all the thumbnails of the maps you have downloaded. You can find your map's thumbnail by searching the beatmapset ID (the number in the link of your beatmap, for example beatmapsets/1103441). Then, delete that image and re-download your map. The new background should be used as the thumbnail now.