forum

I have problems adding custom hitsounds to my map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Poggers
After I set up everything correctly I just add the files to the map folder, rename them the right way and set the sample set correctly. But for some reason there are still only the default sounds. I have hitounds enabled in the settings. Has someone an idea why this is happening
foss
the only thing that comes to my mind to fix that problem for me is making sure that osu fully reloads the mapset, because sometimes you do everything correctly but it doesn't fully pick up on the changes. other than that, double check on the whole process from start to finish. the hitsound must be a .wav, like normal-hitclap.wav or normal-hitclap2.wav. there is no normal-hitclap1.wav for example. next, reload the map or restart osu, and add a timing point with the audio, for example, set as: normal > custom 1 (or any specified value)

and finally, make sure these settings are applied: ( ignore beatmap hitsounds | ignore beatmap skins | use skin's sound samples )
Topic Starter
Poggers
thank you very much for your answer but it just doesn't seem to work. I even tripple checked if everything was set correctly. But could you maybe describe the way you add hitsounds to your maps? Just the order of the steps you make would be more than enough. it could be that I'm just doing it in the wrong order and thereby it doesn't work.
foss
i'll walk u through on discord or zoom, etc. pm me and we can arrange a time if you like
Topic Starter
Poggers
Not needed anymore. I was able to fix the problem. The files i tried to add were corrupted. Everything works just fine now. But thanks for your concern anyway