forum

Any guideline for long endings of songs that don't include "skip" option?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
andyglover
I'm fairly new to the community and still learning the ropes, hopefully this is the right place to ask this. I searched around a bit and couldn't find an answer:

I've found a couple songs in my time blazing through all these map packs that have very long outros, or even silence, with no circles to click. Is there any guideline for this in the ranking criteria?

If so, what would be the proper channel for reporting such an issue to the mapper or other moderator? ...or is it a worthwhile pursuit, especially if the song was ranked several years ago?
Zelzatter Zero
Although there's no harm in leaving them not mapped if you want to, there's a rule that you have to map at least 80% of the song to be considered rankable. Which means if you want to leave them not mapped, you'll have to make sure that the length of it must follow that rule. But nowadays barely anyone leave some parts unmapped, or if it has, one, it must be a map from several years ago, or two, that's because the mapper can't do anything that isn't ruin the overall map.

It's just my small knowledge so it may be inaccurate, but I think you get the point.
lewski
Uraomote answered the first part, so I'll take the second. If a map's been ranked for a long time, there's no point in trying to do anything about it. Unranks are a big thing even after a couple of days, so wiping several years' worth of scores from a set is unthinkable.

If you find a newly ranked map with clear Ranking Criteria violations, though, that's an issue worth doing something about. I'm not sure if there's a dedicated channel for these specific cases, but you can always try reporting the map through the BN site report form or simply messaging a NAT.
Topic Starter
andyglover
That makes a lot of sense. Thank you both for your replies! :)