forum

sliders disappearing after I change the slider velocity

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bepco
Im new to this but whenever I change the slider velocity past 1.5 it makes the slider disappear whenever I test the map. It's doesn't get deleted since when I change it back down it comes back but I need it to go faster for my map and I don't know how.
foss
after replicating this problem myself, i've come to the conclusion that you need to manually re-snap the slider's endpoint after raising slider velocity, just move that last anchor 1 pixel and the slider should automatically readjust its length to match the new slider velocity.
Cyan Cookie
Essentially, sliders snap to the final tick it can reach, and the length is decided by how far the slider can travel between the start and end tick.

When total distance which the slider produced by the nodes you have drawn is less than the distance it can travel between two adjacent ticks, the slider becomes invisible, since it snaps the end tick to the starting tick, i.e. it travels for 0 seconds and thus it has 0 distance.

When the nodes of your slider make a slider long enough to fit between 2 adjacent ticks at the current slider velocity, increasing the slider velocity without increasing the length of the slider means that the required distance for two adjacent ticks is increased, and so it is possible that the slider no longer reaches the next tick and instead snaps the end tick to the same tick as the starting tick, in which case the situation above occurs where the slider has 0 length.

This is why your slider disappears, It was a bit wordy and I'm a bit late to this but I hope it helps.