forum

How do I get started in mapping?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
z4warud0
This is my first time mapping. I would be grateful if u looked into it!
beatmapsets/1148264#osu/2397446
#vietnamese
-[-[--R--]-]-
Hi, I'm also a relatively inexperienced mapper. The biggest thing that I can point out to you is that youre mapping in the wrong bpm. The song that you're mapping is a 177 bpm song.

Fixing the bpm will make the map more clear. It'll be easier to place the notes you want. I see you're already using 1/4 as well, which is good.

Otherwise, the map is good for your first time!
Zelzatter Zero
There's no exact way to start at mapping since no one can force what you should map and what you should not map. You will learn everytime you map and get feedbacks. I'm not recommend pishifat's videos this time when you don't have some basic knowledge of mapping yet, especially mapping terms. Just ask what you don't know here, or PM who you trust most for answer, as long as they're willing to answer for you.

tl;dr just map more, and learn by yourself
Topic Starter
z4warud0
Thank u guys
Vykas
A great way to get into mapping is the "Community Mentorship Program" If you are interested you can read more about it here:
community/forums/topics/1038431 <--- this link
Generally its a great place to start getting into mapping im going to be participating myself this cycle :)
(singups start in 2 days if you are interested you should hurry)
lewski
fair warning, a lot of mentors do look for people who've at least mapped something before, since they're less likely to get bored and stop mapping all of a sudden

if you do apply though make sure you select mentor preferences