forum

Is my mapset's spread rankable?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Illmor
I am making a mapset with an easy and a normal and not going to do hard and above on purpose.
link: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1101448
Because the song is titled "Easy Breezy" and I can name the main diff "Breezy" so the diff name just fit the title... something like that.
However after reading rc I wonder that if it's able for rank...

related rcs

• Rules:
  1. If the drain time of each difficulty is...
    1. ...lower than 3:30, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Normal.
    2. ...between 3:30 and 4:15, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Hard.
    3. ...between 4:15 and 5:00, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than an Insane.
    4. ...anything higher, the beatmapset is exempt from reasonable spread rules.
    5. Difficulties lower than the highest difficulty can use their play time as a metric instead of drain time. This does not apply to difficulties with less than 30 seconds of drain time. Judgement regarding the suitability of gameplay elements used for any lowest difficulty Hard and Insane difficulties is up to the Beatmap Nominators and Nomination Assessment Team members for the corresponding game modes.

Guidelines:
  2. The highest difficulty of a beatmapset should correspond to the general feel of the song. Easy/Normal difficulties can be used as a lone difficulty of a beatmapset if their rhythms are not oversimplified. A Hard difficulty or beyond should be included otherwise.

Zelzatter Zero
You forgot this:

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Rules:
  1. Difficulty names in a set must be clearly progressive and accurately indicating of their respective difficulties, excluding:
    1. The highest difficulty.
    2. The highest difficulties with a similar level of difficulty, applying only to Insane and Extra difficulties (e.g. the Insane difficulties of a ENHIIII set or the Extra difficulties of a ENHIIXXX set).
  2. A beatmapset's custom difficulty naming must follow a common theme or pattern related to the song or difficulty and must not be misrepresentative. A difficulty name is misrepresentative if it implies a different difficulty level (e.g. naming an "Expert" difficulty as "Normal").

So if the Normal is not the highest one in the set, avoid naming them with words that isn't represent the difficulty.
Topic Starter
Illmor
i plan to make normal the highest diff though...
lewski
Honestly, I doubt a single BN would be interested in that set. The song clearly supports at least an Insane, so a diffname gimmick is an incredibly weak reason to limit your set to two Easy diffs. Yeah, two Easy diffs; the top diff isn't even dense enough to be a Normal.

That aside, though, the diffnames themselves are rankable. You can call the highest diff in a set almost anything you want.
Topic Starter
Illmor

lewski wrote:

Yeah, two Easy diffs;

off the topic by the way, the highest diff should be easy at first when i plan to make such a mapset. however i have this and this mod and i decides that the diff is higher than a rankable easy so i make another easy instead.

and as my knowledge to rc, if i remove easy diff it'll still be rankable and even more rankable than the current spread...