forum

Can a diff be skipped?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aspheria
So I recall reading something about this a while ago that you couldn't, but I can't find it to confirm.
Pretty much, I have this map that I want to get ranked. And it so far has a unfinished Easy, a finished Insane, and a finished Extreme, while Normal and Hard will be mapped once the Easy is finished. But, according to what I think I read, I need a Extra as well. I've searched through the Ranking Criteria many times, without being able to find it.
So can I skip the Extra diff or does it have to be there?
(For reference; the Extreme Diff is a ExpertPlus, while the Extra would just be a Expert)
Thank you in advance.
Caput Mortuum

Ranking Criteria wrote:

All game modes within a beatmapset must form a reasonable spread.

Reasonable spread: A beatmapset that does not skip any difficulty levels as dictated by difficulty-specific rules and guidelines, and does not have any drastically large differences between difficulties. This includes beatmapsets that feature only a single difficulty.

I'd say you will be fine as long as it's not a 2 star skip.
Topic Starter
Aspheria

Eraser wrote:

Ranking Criteria wrote:

All game modes within a beatmapset must form a reasonable spread.

Reasonable spread: A beatmapset that does not skip any difficulty levels as dictated by difficulty-specific rules and guidelines, and does not have any drastically large differences between difficulties. This includes beatmapsets that feature only a single difficulty.

I'd say you will be fine as long as it's not a 2 star skip.

Alright, thank you.
Serizawa Haruki
It depends on how those diffs are mapped, but if your Insane is of average difficulty and your Extreme is way harder than a normal Expert diff, you probably need another diff to bridge the gap between them.