forum

Please criticise me(also i`m welcome to your advices)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
falsegrin
i`ve just made a map, so here it is:
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1112539#osu/2324348

i`m asking everybody to try it and say what is wrong and what i should change

looking forward to your response^^
Ryuto
Im no good mapper by any means but I think rythmically the beginning is not good (Music issue tho, but could be made easier by using sliders I think), it's changing too much which makes sightreading it very hard. And why is "00:13:300 (1)" there, there is no strong sound for that circle? The flow is also pretty boring. It's just a big circle. Maybe you could take a look how mappers like Reform or Akitoshi or Sotarks do their flow, you can make a map more fun to play by changing up the flow for example make smaller circles, move those circles slowly from one spot to the other, do it fast, reverse the flow etc, it is even better to change flow when something in the music changes imo.

I can also recommend watching the whole playlist here by Pishifat, It's really useful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL3az8FhlB4&list=PLp7-THR1EUHERrIOV4dGClCGGoLIrQtOx
Topic Starter
falsegrin

Ryuto wrote:

Im no good mapper by any means but I think rythmically the beginning is not good (Music issue tho, but could be made easier by using sliders I think), it's changing too much which makes sightreading it very hard. And why is "00:13:300 (1)" there, there is no strong sound for that circle? The flow is also pretty boring. It's just a big circle. Maybe you could take a look how mappers like Reform or Akitoshi or Sotarks do their flow, you can make a map more fun to play by changing up the flow for example make smaller circles, move those circles slowly from one spot to the other, do it fast, reverse the flow etc, it is even better to change flow when something in the music changes imo.

I can also recommend watching the whole playlist here by Pishifat, It's really useful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL3az8FhlB4&list=PLp7-THR1EUHERrIOV4dGClCGGoLIrQtOx

oh, thank you very much, it`s very important for me to hear outer opinion
i`ll try to do better, i want to grow up in that direction(even a bit)
Ryuto

falsegrin wrote:

Always get a second opinion by someone more experienced in mapping. Preferably some players and some actual mappers.
Been trying to find some mappers to give me a secondary opinion aswell but noone replied to my thread yet. :(
Topic Starter
falsegrin

Ryuto wrote:

falsegrin wrote:

Always get a second opinion by someone more experienced in mapping. Preferably some players and some actual mappers.
Been trying to find some mappers to give me a secondary opinion aswell but noone replied to my thread yet. :(

gosh, it is so sad
i agree with you in every word you said, thanks again^^
i`ll try to find your thread though :)
good luck in game!