forum

TnT New Ver. Changes / Possible Implementation Into O!T?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jojobii
With the new TnT coming out in March of this year, they're changing up some things, especially with scoring and new scroll speed adjustment. Reports on changes seen here.

Speed can now be adjusted via multiplier, although they still keep the BPM changes intact with scroll speed change, which is basically how SVs in O!M right now.

Scoring is now accuracy based as well, with score caps at 1 million, similar to mania as well.

Considering this is the new standard for the game O!T is based on, will O!T try to reflect those changes as well? Or is osu! no longer focused on making Taiko a simulator of TnT but rather it's own game.
abraker
it's own game
Nao Tomori
isnt it already like this lol, in terms of sv. score v2 also caps at 1million...
Topic Starter
jojobii

Nao Tomori wrote:

isnt it already like this lol, in terms of sv. score v2 also caps at 1million...

Well for SVs, not necessarily. I should've added that TnT speed can be adjusted by 0.1 intervals now, rather than being by 1 intervals, basically making it more similar to Bemani HiSpeed.

And yeah I haven't really invested toooo much into Taiko, so score v2 and all is very unfamiliar to me.

The main thing putting me off is the scroll speed being based on each song, rather than it being controllable to be comfortable with the individual player. Main point is the fact that TnT has more options towards speed control now than osu has, which makes me curious if this game will follow along.