forum

Dimensions Mapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Keys6Meowse
So, here's the deal:

Speedcore maps like ones of songs from the artist xi often have the last difficulty as "FOUR DIMENSIONS".

I have seen players encounter maps with less "dimensions", say, three, named as such because the mapper maybe thinks that difficulty is not hard enough for four? I think it's time we make clear how many dimensions a map has. Tell me what you think of this suggestion. (it's written in symbolic logic)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S = Streams are present.
J = Jumps are present.
T = The duration of a stream or jump section is long.
D = The density of streams or jump sections per map is high.
(streams broken up by jumps automatically count as S^J, spaced streams count as S)

The following is only true for full-length speedcore maps.

{(SvJ)v(S^J)]^~T}^~D ===) Regular Map
{[(SvJ)v(S^J)]^T}^D ===) Four Dimensions
[(SvJ)^~T]^D ===) One Dimension
[(S^J)^~T]^D ===) Two Dimensions
(S^T)^~D ===) Three Dimensions
(S^T)^J ===) Four Dimensions regardless of the truth of D
(J^T)^~D ===) Two Dimensions
(J^T)^S ===) Three Dimensions regardless of the truth of D
skylaa
on the behalf of the entire osu! community, i would like to inform you that you have officially peaked.
Gorou

Pencil Dog wrote:

on the behalf of the entire osu! community, i would like to inform you that you have officially peaked.

OneShotFox
My Angel Jeremy
Zelzatter Zero
blixys
abraker
Nitrous