forum

How do I change the beatmap I'm making to be not TV sized?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KebabTallerken
I've tried to search this on google to no avail, can y'all smart mappers please help a beginner out with this simple issue? I just started on my second map, but it's TV sized automatically and idk how to change it to be not TV sized.
BR41N
The size of the map depends on the song, not a setting in the editor. If you drag a 4 minutes long song to start mapping, it will be there in its entirety and you can map its entire duration. If you use a TV size version with 1 and half minute, it will obviously not be any longer.
Topic Starter
KebabTallerken

BR41N wrote:

The size of the map depends on the song, not a setting in the editor. If you drag a 4 minutes long song to start mapping, it will be there in its entirety and you can map its entire duration. If you use a TV size version with 1 and half minute, it will obviously not be any longer.

Yes, but I dragged a 5 minute song in there and it was not TV sized, but it was when I dragged a 4 minute song in there.
Zelzatter Zero
I really don't understand what you're talking about here. If you meant the Kiai warning in AIMod (which I hope so since it's the only possible option here), then that's not the big problem until you finish the map. No one's gonna get the marathon style warning just after you dragged the 6-minute song either...
Rivals_7
do u just replacing a tv-size length mp3 with a new, longer mp3? because that is the only think that could happen.

other factors is probably your longer mp3 is named "audio.mp3" which could conflate with a tv-sized mp3 of a same name in other unfinished map you possibly had. if so, just change the name before dragging it to osu.
marcelo
Lmao I’ve been trying to understand this for a while but idk what ur saying lmao