forum

An issue with Kiai sections that I have concern over

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
1MissSensation
I've realized with a beatmap that I've just recently started that Kiai sections end on the next inherited point that follows the one that has Kiai applied to it. I have several inherited points throughout the section to change my slider velocities that I'd like to have Kiai over it, but I don't want to "Spam Kiai" starts all over the place as I'm aware this causes a rather undesirable effect. Any workarounds? or is the only solution to settle with no Kiai or stick to minimal inherited points and one slider velocity?
xenal
Refering to inherited point as green lines (because that's what we call them).

You can use multiple green lines within a single kiai as long as all of them have the "kiai" option checked, this doesn't spam the flashing effect and the star fountain (and that purple thing in taiko I think). Here's an exemple with countless green lines but separated in 3 kiai, meaning all of thoses lines have kiai checked apart from one at the end of each section (there is around 153 green lines, I did actually got curious and counted them). This isn't spam, it's just manipulating slider velocity every halfbeat...

Little addition : they inherit from preview line (that's their name), so if you set kiai sections from the begenning, when you add new lines it just keep itself checked/unchecked.
Topic Starter
1MissSensation
thank you so much, glad to hear I was wrong on this one, I'll make sure to switch green line and inherited point in my vocabulary while I'm at it :)