forum

Opinions about my Yomi Yori

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Meowstic
Hello everyone. I'm pretty new on mapping but at least i know how to properly time the map but i still need practicing for finding correct bpm and offset. Also this is not my first map. I practiced by doing short maps at first but i wanted to challenge myself by doing a lot harder and longer one

Anyways, finding the bpm and offset weren't too hard for this map and now i want to hear your opinions about my Yomi Yori

Simply tell what parts of map i should improve and why (Don't mention anything about C hitsounds because my plan wasn't focus on them).

Down below is link for the map. Thank you

PS: Most of the streams are made by free hand, i know that i should use Distance and Grid Snap

https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1073678#osu/2247106
AT0RI
i just had a quick look at it:

00:53:305 - the slow part before the stream isnt really fitting with the song
01:13:145 - dunno about the slider feels weird xd
01:56:305 - this jump pattern is unplayble most likely even for good players

some examples of what you could improve

in generell: the timing is great and i think the streams and jumps fit with the song and it sounds well.
jumps and streams sometimes dont flow well and have too much or not enough space in between.
patterns are probably too hard ( because of their flow )

and yes you should use distance snap

im not a good mapper myself so please dont think i know everything but overall id say that you definetly have potential :)
lewski
no don't use grid snap (and there isn't really any point in using distance snap for anything except streams either)

You shouldn't improve anything in this map. Instead, it's way more productive to move on and map something else.

I do have some advice for future maps, though: place objects on sounds in the song.
Topic Starter
_Meowstic

AT0RI wrote:

i just had a quick look at it:

00:53:305 - the slow part before the stream isnt really fitting with the song
01:13:145 - dunno about the slider feels weird xd
01:56:305 - this jump pattern is unplayble most likely even for good players

some examples of what you could improve

in generell: the timing is great and i think the streams and jumps fit with the song and it sounds well.
jumps and streams sometimes dont flow well and have too much or not enough space in between.
patterns are probably too hard ( because of their flow )

im not a good mapper myself so please dont think i know everything but overall id say that you definetly have potential :)

I have fixed those problems you mentioned. Now it should look much better i think
marcelo

AT0RI wrote:

Use it for appropriate situations tho
Danmiko
Stream shapes are 😩

You need to improve your mapping skills, some parts of the map are just unreasonable to play.

I suggest you map what you can play yourself, so that you can grasp the idea of what's playable and what's not.