forum

Some Help With Titles?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Darud3
I'm currently mapping a song that I just found on youtube, and I was able to find one English translation of the title. However, I don't think that it's a good idea to just put a translated title down, but I also don't want to leave it out for ease of searching ingame. How should I handle this? I was thinking something like English Title/Japanese Title, or English Title,Japanese Title, but I'm not sure.
Serizawa Haruki
There is a unicode title field and a romanized title field. In the unicode field, you should use the original name of the song written in japanese. In the romanized field, you should either use the romanized title (by using the hepburn romanization method or, if provided, an official romanization) or an english translation of the title, but only if this translation comes officially from the artist. Therefore an automatically created YouTube translation is not valid.
There are also the tags, where you can put words or phrases that help searching the song. So if your song has an official title translation, you can put the romanization in the tags or vice versa.