forum

Increased control over keyboard configuration

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
An64fan
I feel it would be nice to be able to have a bit more control over the key configuration than we do now.

This has become a big thing for me over the past week during which I've been enjoying my new tablet A LOT. I have issues with pausing. Big issues. I can never hit Esc on demand. Instead, I hit the `/~ key. Every time, guaranteed. Being able to set actions, especially the pause, to something more easily accessible would be really nice.

Along these lines, a separate configuration for Taiko would be nice as well. We already have configuration for the dash for CtB. But Taiko is doubled up with the standard osu! key configuration. This, as well, is another thing that poses a problem. See, I usually use C and V when playing the regular mode, but I quite frequently switch to the space key or incorporate a mix between them. Even adjusting my configuration between the individual keys and the single unused key, it's still rather awkward to play Taiko, since one of my keys is the space. It just feels awkward trying to alternate between one key and space. And having to change around my configuration every time I want to play taiko is, well, unawesome. And my configuration problem tends to drive me from taiko... I'm very reluctant to play very often (even when I really want to play), and my taiko sessions are usually very, very short.

I get the feeling my suggestion for separate taiko key configuration will get shot down... But at least some consideration into my suggestions would be nice.
ThePassingShadow
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mattyu007
oboewan
...Small, yes, but awesome.

/me supports this request
Topic Starter
An64fan
Bumping this..... *wants people/peppy to consider this*
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Topic Starter
An64fan
We all luvs ya, peppy.

I still wouldn't be able to play Taiko without a separate key configuration for it, though. :( Then again, that screenshot has a little scroll bar on the side...Scrolling menu for keys? =3 I wonder what's up there.
peppy
eh, you'll get your lovin

ThePassingShadow
How exciting !
Ekaru
Yes! Now in CTB I can have 'z' go left, 'c' go right, 'x' be Dash, and have my right hand free to eat chips with!

...Actually, it'll help upstairs, where my arrow keys are all screwed up. Long story. Involves a brother and pop. Will still be nice to play one handed though. Thank you!
RemmyX25

Jeffro wrote:

peppy wrote:

Butanero wrote:

But peppy can code anything, so who knows.
Just stating a fact

Thanks peppy!