forum

[resolved] Make authority to BAT to make noticing artist name style(BSS

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
arien666
Yes.
Since there was unranked thing due to artist (Japanese-style or English-style), I thought about this thing
If there are selection about Japanese-style(Last+First) or English-style(First+Last) or Neutrality(Fixed), would be better imo ;_;
[The changing form might be considered by spacing between First and Last]

I know it's impossible until osz2 released but
It might be helpful imo ;_;
LuigiHann
I still say it has to be done on an artist-by-artist basis: look up the artist on Wikipedia, and use whichever order that Wikipedia gives. In general if the artist has any songs that have been officially released in an English-speaking country, there's an "official" translation of their name, so that's the name we should use in this context. If the artist doesn't have a presence on the english Wikipedia then I would stick with Japanese name order unless a Google search suggests otherwise
ziin

LuigiHann wrote:

look up the artist on Wikipedia, and use whichever order that Wikipedia gives
Mami Kawada (川田まみ Kawada Mami)
Based on Mami Kawada/Kawada Mami, the osu userbase who make maps seem to prefer family-personal style name.

I am unsure why eastern labels feel the need to use family names last when trying to release in the non-eastern market. People buying such products know about the family name - personal name configuration of eastern cultures, and if I were to go into a cd store looking for something by Mami, I wouldn't know whether to look in the M or K section (I would probably look in the K first though).

In school in the US, we are taught about Mao Tse-tung, not about Tse-tung Mao. Unfortunately we are not taught that "Mao" is his family name (or at least I don't remember it). It's incredibly confusing, and I would prefer a blanket statement to be made by an admin like this.

Then again, my teachers in school switched their names too, but considering we were meeting with them on a day to day basis and they were actually living in the US, I can't fault them for that.

The map in question was also unranked due to storyboard issues (600x600 images causing a lot of lag).