forum

Utada Hikaru - Keep Tryin'

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lizzehb
Here's what I have so far but it's not finished.

Download: Utada Hikaru - Keep Tryin' (MathiasXII) [lizzehb].osu
Topic Starter
MathiasXII
Hey lizzehb,

I just tried out the .osu you post and there's many parts I liked in it and that are inspiring me on a harder difficulty. I'll discuss things with you once you're done with your beatmap and then I'll post it with the rest... probably as the hardest difficulty... Keep Trying'.

The only two things I want to point out however right now is :

1) that I'd like some break in the song to respect the EBA and Ouendan style of gameplay... most likely near half of the song if you split it in 2, thirds of the song if you split it in 3 or quarters of the song if you split it in 4 and,

2) Some notes are either non existant in the song or misplaced, which usually lose the overall feeling and cleaniness of the song/beat.

Examples :

- The [I] [don't] [care] at 00:19.210 is a 1/4 1/16 1/8 part. The notes however are placed at 1/4 1/4 1/8. (misplaced). I noticed that most of the 1/4 1/16 1/8 parts (if not all) knows the same fate. You don't HAVE to put a 1/4, 1/16, 1/8, but I think that to use notes to support the song/singing style is quite mandatory.

- At 00:47.410, 00:50.710, and 00:51.610, there's streams of 1/16 notes, but nothing seems to backup their reason to be there in the song. (non-existant)

I do understand however that it's just the basic of the idea and that you didn't finish the map. So I trust you :). Thanks for the help!
Lizzehb

MathiasXII wrote:

Hey lizzehb,

I just tried out the .osu you post and there's many parts I liked in it and that are inspiring me on a harder difficulty. I'll discuss things with you once you're done with your beatmap and then I'll post it with the rest... probably as the hardest difficulty... Keep Trying'.

The only two things I want to point out however right now is :

1) that I'd like some break in the song to respect the EBA and Ouendan style of gameplay... most likely near half of the song if you split it in 2, thirds of the song if you split it in 3 or quarters of the song if you split it in 4 and, I'll try and stick some breaks in. :3

2) Some notes are either non existant in the song or misplaced, which usually lose the overall feeling and cleaniness of the song/beat.

Examples :

- The [I] [don't] [care] at 00:19.210 is a 1/4 1/16 1/8 part. The notes however are placed at 1/4 1/4 1/8. (misplaced). I noticed that most of the 1/4 1/16 1/8 parts (if not all) knows the same fate. You don't HAVE to put a 1/4, 1/16, 1/8, but I think that to use notes to support the song/singing style is quite mandatory. What ticks should they be on then? I am mapping 1/4 since I have no experience otherwise.

- At 00:47.410, 00:50.710, and 00:51.610, there's streams of 1/16 notes, but nothing seems to backup their reason to be there in the song. (non-existant) Replaced with a slider.

I do understand however that it's just the basic of the idea and that you didn't finish the map. So I trust you :). Thanks for the help!
SapphireGhost
If you'd like to be consistent with the EBA style of mapping, you could consider adding some storyboarding.
If you don't know, you can post in modding queues where other people will help mod your map. If you do this, there are two warnings:
1) Strictly follow the rules found on the first post of each queue and keep track of which ones you've posted in
2) Don't bug people to hurry up with their mods
One of my favorite songs, and good luck on getting this to a higher plane of existence, or ranked or something like that.
Lizzehb
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

SapphireGhost wrote:

If you'd like to be consistent with the EBA style of mapping, you could consider adding some storyboarding.
If you don't know, you can post in modding queues where other people will help mod your map. If you do this, there are two warnings:
1) Strictly follow the rules found on the first post of each queue and keep track of which ones you've posted in
2) Don't bug people to hurry up with their mods
One of my favorite songs, and good luck on getting this to a higher plane of existence, or ranked or something like that.
Thank you :) I will consider using the modding queue as soon as I'm satisfied with the basic difficulties and all the changes I can make in the best of my knowledge. And I'm in no hurry... I just want to contribute hehe.

lizzehb wrote:

Finished!
Very good lizzehb :). I'm very glad you could provide a harder difficulty as I'm not really there yet... lol. With your permission of course, I'd like to provide some changes on the difficulty setting you offered me... you wanted the spacing to be 0.96? (as I see most of the notes have the prev:0.87 next:0.93 setting). I'll post it here afterwards. Would it be okay? Credits would still be on you for that one... no worries!

lizzehb wrote:

What ticks should they be on then? I am mapping 1/4 since I have no experience otherwise.
Well... the Osu! language in editing strangely enough intreprets the 1/4 to 1, the 1/8 to 1/2 and the 1/16 to 1/4. so You're in the right track. So... in Osu! language, it's 1,1/4,1/2 (white, blue and red line)... when you space them on the timeline, there's an equal space between the notes... like this :

Lizzehb
Fixed what you said. And I don't mind if you make little spacing changes. :3

Download: Utada Hikaru - Keep Tryin' (MathiasXII) [lizzehb's Keep Tryin'].osu
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

lizzehb wrote:

Definitively better! But umm... at the risk of you hating me forever, I went kinda "bulldozer" over your Keep Tryin'! as someone suggested me to keep breaks always at the same part of the song, no matter the difficulty. So I deleted all notes where the breaks are usually in the other difficulties... So it would be important that only those two break remains (and the exact same length as any other difficulty too).

I also removed notes that I considered not matching the song....

................ :D XD I still have your old files lol.
Lizzehb

MathiasXII wrote:

lizzehb wrote:

Definitively better! But umm... at the risk of you hating me forever, I went kinda "bulldozer" over your Keep Tryin'! as someone suggested me to keep breaks always at the same part of the song, no matter the difficulty. So I deleted all notes where the breaks are usually in the other difficulties... So it would be important that only those two break remains (and the exact same length as any other difficulty too).

I also removed notes that I considered not matching the song....

................ :D XD I still have your old files lol.
All changed so you don't have to. :3

You can still remove notes but I mapped the parts that the breaks were different.

Download: Utada Hikaru - Keep Tryin' (MathiasXII) [Keep Tryin'! lizzehb's style].osu
iMuffin
pretty good from what i've seen

nothing I can comment on as of now so have a star
SapphireGhost
dkun
Utada <3

This song ends prematurely imho.
Breaks do not need to be consistent.
But the owner's difficulties should end at the same spot.

Keep Tryin'!
This slider velocity is ridiculous compared to the AR and the BPM.
I'll make the faint suggestion to remap this with more reasonable settings.

Your slider shapes are hard to read, even for a song as slow as this one.
Some sliders do not fit in with the beat... Such as 00:39:310 (3,4), 00:43:210 (1,3), 00:53:810 (3,4),
01:12:010 - 01:14:310 - This is ridiculous. It does not fit with the song, and it's basically unplayable.
01:14:710 (S) - Move this, it does not fit in with her vocals.
01:31:510 (2,3,4) - Does not make sense.
01:46:210 (3) - Move a gridspace up.
01:49:410 (6) - Not snapped, does not make sense even snapped. 6,7,8 should be remade.
01:51:310 (4,5,6,7) - Does not fit to the lyrics as well.

Your ending sucks, no offense.

Don't Give Up!
This diff plays out much nicer. Much, much nicer.
02:12:010 (1,2,3,4) - Take one slider, duplicate it and rotate by 90 degrees.
02:14:710 (break) - This break doesn't make sense, since it's with Utada singing.

The other two diffs seem fine to me.
Haneii
~Keep Tryin'! lizzehb's style~
00:29:410 (2) – remove note and make 00:28:810 (1) repeat?
01:12:010 (1) – end slider at 01:13:810
01:23:410 (1) – delete note and have slider end here
01:43:660 (4) – delete note
01:48:310 (4,5,6) – delete 5 and move 6 to 01:48:610 and adjust spacing
02:26:710 (2,3,4) – ouch. Not sure how readable this is (although I don’t play a lot of standard so it could be okay if you think it won’t give people any trouble)
02:37:810 (1) –make it repeat once
02:50:260 (3,4) – are those suppose to be there? lol sorry I just can’t tell what its mapped to so I can’t even think of a suggestion XD
02:52:810 – add one more note to the stream here, and adjust spacing so everything connects?
03:12:910 (2,3) – delete these two, then make the slider at 03:13:210 start at 03:13:060. Then move 03:13:810 (3,4,5,6) and make this stream start at 03:13:660 and add one more note to the stream at 03:14:260
03:16:210 (1,2,3,4) – make this start 03:16:060 and add a note the stream at 03:16:660
03:20:860 (8) – delete note

I'll mod the other difficulties when I get the time :)

Please don't Kudosu
SapphireGhost
Topic Starter
MathiasXII
Phew ! I was away for two days and look at all the posts.

lizzehb wrote:

All changed so you don't have to. :3

You can still remove notes but I mapped the parts that the breaks were different.
Very very VERY much better !!!!! I LOVE IT !!! :3 I don't see any changes I could make now... but if you wish, you can take a look at Haneii's post and see if there's any changes to be done. I'll update the beatmap with your new file! :D

SapphireGhost wrote:

Guest diff? UPDATE!
Wow I very like your difficulty. It is not too hard, just very fun =). Since it's a song you heart, it is clear that I'll include your guest diff. to the song... well if the limit of diff. for a song can be 6 of course.

THANKS iMuffin :DDD. I won't deceive you ! =)

Okay for dkun's changes, I'll edit this post. Please be patient.

dkun wrote:

Utada <3

This song ends prematurely imho. Well yes and no... it feels like the song is ending even if it's not a complete silence. Plus, I think it would be too repetitive if I included the end of the song. Maybe it's just me though... I just don't have any idea to keep the entertainement factor when adding notes to the final part of the song.
Breaks do not need to be consistent.
But the owner's difficulties should end at the same spot. Alright, I'll stop fussing on the breaks then =P.

Keep Tryin'!
This slider velocity is ridiculous compared to the AR and the BPM.
I'll make the faint suggestion to remap this with more reasonable settings. But...but... I love fast sliders !!! :(. I'm okay with the idea, but I'd like to hear your suggestion as for a velocity speed and settings for Keep Tryin'. Thanks ! :)

Your slider shapes are hard to read, even for a song as slow as this one. Well it is an insane difficulty no ?
Some sliders do not fit in with the beat... Such as 00:39:310 (3,4), 00:43:210 (1,3), 00:53:810 (3,4), Well... I had the idea of "making" the beat with the sliders. I tend to remember more beatmaps that puts extra beat in the song.
01:12:010 - 01:14:310 - This is ridiculous. It does not fit with the song, and it's basically unplayable.It does fit with the background sounds, but I do agree it is way too difficult compared to the rest of the song. But not unplayable...I'm able to do all 300 easily. It is an insane difficulty though right?
01:14:710 (S) - Move this, it does not fit in with her vocals.Done!
01:31:510 (2,3,4) - Does not make sense.Yup... same as the green ones previously. Where I can see it doesn't make sene though is that I switch from background sounds to vocals in a very harsh and inconvenient time. I'll seek changes here.
01:46:210 (3) - Move a gridspace up.Done!
01:49:410 (6) - Not snapped, does not make sense even snapped. 6,7,8 should be remade.Again, focus wasn't on the lyrics in that part, it was on the background sounds.
01:51:310 (4,5,6,7) - Does not fit to the lyrics as well.Read comment above.

Your ending sucks, no offense. Your ending needs a lot of work is more likely to be not offensive than "your ending sucks"... no offense ;). Plus, how can you tell the ending sucks ?! I didn't finish this difficulty yet (and I mentionned it in the change logs in my first post XD)... it's only 2/3 completed.

Don't Give Up!
This diff plays out much nicer. Much, much nicer.Yayz :). But I will change it to make it slightly harder... since it looks too much like a more complicated version of the normal difficulty. At least to reach the 4 stars difficulty rating.
02:12:010 (1,2,3,4) - Take one slider, duplicate it and rotate by 90 degrees. XD... done!
02:14:710 (break) - This break doesn't make sense, since it's with Utada singing.This is to prevent the song to be too repetitive. I think the break is fine where it is. It'll stay that way

The other two diffs seem fine to me.Cool! Thanks for your feedback! :)

Haneii wrote:

~Keep Tryin'! lizzehb's style~ [...]

Please don't Kudosu
Yay thanks Haneii :). OKAY I WON'T ! D:< =P.
Lizzehb

Haneii wrote:

~Keep Tryin'! lizzehb's style~
00:29:410 (2) – remove note and make 00:28:810 (1) repeat? Sounds nice I like that~
01:12:010 (1) – end slider at 01:13:810 Done~
01:23:410 (1) – delete note and have slider end here Done~
01:43:660 (4) – delete note Done~
01:48:310 (4,5,6) – delete 5 and move 6 to 01:48:610 and adjust spacing Done~
02:26:710 (2,3,4) – ouch. Not sure how readable this is (although I don’t play a lot of standard so it could be okay if you think it won’t give people any trouble) More readable now.
02:37:810 (1) –make it repeat once Done~
02:50:260 (3,4) – are those suppose to be there? lol sorry I just can’t tell what its mapped to so I can’t even think of a suggestion XD Deleted (4) sounds better.
02:52:810 – add one more note to the stream here, and adjust spacing so everything connects? Done~
03:12:910 (2,3) – delete these two, then make the slider at 03:13:210 start at 03:13:060. Then move 03:13:810 (3,4,5,6) and make this stream start at 03:13:660 and add one more note to the stream at 03:14:260 Done~
03:16:210 (1,2,3,4) – make this start 03:16:060 and add a note the stream at 03:16:660 Done~
03:20:860 (8) – delete note Done~

Please don't Kudosu
DONE DONE DONE <3

Download: Utada Hikaru - Keep Tryin' (MathiasXII) [Keep Tryin'! lizzehb's style].osu
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

lizzehb wrote:

DONE DONE DONE <3
Updated :3

dkun... I slowed down the velocity... A LITTLE !!! (because I still want the sliders to be fast :>) and changed some notes so they make more sense... like not mixing vocal parts with sound parts.

If you still want slower sliders and more doable difficulties, the two guests difficulties are for you... + the break you didn't like where Utada sings is removed in lizzehb's Keep Tryin' :).
Lizzehb
Remember to submit my difficulty!

Says not submitted. :x

Anyways, got some changes.

Topic Starter
MathiasXII

Lizzehb wrote:

Remember to submit my difficulty!

Says not submitted. :x

Anyways, got some changes.
Haha...it's because I renamed your difficulty... AGAIN !!! As you named it when you first submitted it ... or as you renamed it when you submitted it :).

Updated !
SapphireGhost
Because I <3 love this song I am actually making another difficulty. This one is for fun and not for ranked/approved.12.59 KB one is updated more, and the 16.98 KB is best.

I love this difficulty because not only does it provide a fun and thrilling challenge, but it fits the theme of the song perfectly. In order to pass, the only thing you can do is... Keep Tryin'! Of course, once you finally pass it there's a certain unreplicable happiness to be had, as well.

Download: Utada Hikaru - Keep Tryin' (MathiasXII) [Esc Retryin'].osu

Topic Starter
MathiasXII

SapphireGhost wrote:

Because I <3 love this song I am actually making another difficulty. This one is for fun and not for ranked/approved.12.59 KB one is updated more, and the 16.98 KB is best.

I love this difficulty because not only does it provide a fun and thrilling challenge, but it fits the theme of the song perfectly. In order to pass, the only thing you can do is... Keep Tryin'! Of course, once you finally pass it there's a certain unreplicable happiness to be had, as well.
ARGH !!!! Now I really want to include this one to the list of difficulty................ Hmmm I think I'll delete one to make place for this one. But which one ?! Is it okay if I replace Perseverance with this one ? Plus, the title you gave to it is actually quite funny hahahaha because I bet it will happen often.

Why Perseverance? Because lizzehb's Keep Tryin' and Perseverance has a lot of similarities. And I think you've put a whole lot of effort on the Esc' Retryin' difficulty hehe. It's not like it can't be ranked. It does make sense and there's 5 other difficulties to chose from if it's not satisfying for those who can't make it through lol.
Topic Starter
MathiasXII
Alright... so far I'm trying to finish everything before next monday so the file is ready to be modded. So lizzehb and SapphireGhost, if there's any last minute changes to be fully satisfied of your beatmap charts before requesting a mod, GO! :P

<3
Darcsol
Random Mod jump~

I won't be Modding the difficulties after noticing...

[General]
- ...Your Beatmap has 7 difficulties; it's too much. The maximum difficulties for a map to be Ranked is 6. You need to remove one of your difficulties if you want that status
- I find the Offset to be at 32 I'm unsure though
- Add Ultra Blue and names: lizzehb, SapphireGhost to Tags (remember to add it to ALL difficulties)
- The first 2 difficulty names are inconstant to the punctuation of other diffs. Capitalize the rest of the words
- The video cuts off short. Then again, it's not much of it after that

Otherwise this looks promising. It's possible I might create a guest difficulty for you.
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

Darcsol wrote:

Random Mod jump~

I won't be Modding the difficulties after noticing...

[General]
- ...Your Beatmap has 7 difficulties; it's too much. The maximum difficulties for a map to be Ranked is 6. You need to remove one of your difficulties if you want that statusYeah I knowez ._. ... the question is, which one to remove :P.
- I find the Offset to be at 32 I'm unsure though Hmmm... I'll investigate the offset more precisely and come back on this one
- Add Ultra Blue and names: lizzehb, SapphireGhost to Tags Allright!(remember to add it to ALL difficulties)
- The first 2 difficulty names are inconstant to the punctuation of other diffs. Capitalize the rest of the wordsWoops! Pardon my french habits lol.
- The video cuts off short. Then again, it's not much of it after thatYeah... it was to save some space since (without any guests difficulties) I planned the song to end there... so it wasn't necessary to put the whole video.

Otherwise this looks promising. It's possible I might create a guest difficulty for you.and make my choice more complicated XD bring it on =D. Thanks~
UPDATE : I checked the offset more carefully with peak calculations and it seems to indicate the song offset starts at 0.43 and ends at 0.56 in the course of the song (because of the BPM that is not EXACTLY PERFECTLY 100BPM)... so I guess you could say an average of 0.49 minus global offset of my computer which is 0.17 ... 32, right on Darcsol !

UPDATE #2 : Hmmm... but I prefer the offset to 22 for some reason. Can you check it out ? =3

UPDATE #3 : NVM... had to change global offset again... 30 it will be ! lol
SapphireGhost
Uwaaah...
I told you not to add that one :P
Well, here's an improved version anyway...

Topic Starter
MathiasXII

SapphireGhost wrote:

Uwaaah...
I told you not to add that one :P
Well, here's an improved version anyway...
Haha awwww okay :( It will be for my personal entertainement then *WIIIIIIIINK*
Nakagawa-Kanon
6 diff is unrankable
delete .osb file
disable countdown

and Normal hit sound doesn't fit this song....

so I can't mod this song

if you delete more than 1 diff
and move pending

I'll mod your map
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

dksslqj wrote:

6 diff is unrankable
delete .osb file
disable countdown

and Normal hit sound doesn't fit this song....

so I can't mod this song

if you delete more than 1 diff
and move pending

I'll mod your map
Alright, thanks!

Okay now I got to delete one map...but which one ?! :S

Oh and thanks for the star :) *.
Kurosanyan
Irc Mod

+

[General]
  • You should look at slider shape. Some of them looks really bad
[You Can Do it!]
  1. 01:51:327 (2) - Finish it at 01:51:927 - ? Only a suggestion because it seems ok too like it is now.
  2. 02:42:627 (2,1) - The first note doesn't follow the vocal and then the slider follow it. I ALWAYS slider break on this slider ;_; You really should move (2) at 02:42:327 if you want to follow the vocal. (don't forget the spacing)
[Keep It Up!]
  1. 01:51:327 (3) - This looks really awful :cry: Make it like this http://puu.sh/YP0
  2. 02:21:627 (4,1) - WTF? I don't think it really fit the song and this is supposed to be a normal. At least delete the hitcircle and add a repeat on the slider but I think you should map this with 1/2, not 1/4. http://puu.sh/YP6 like this?
  3. 02:24:027 (5) - New combo?
  4. 02:25:527 (8,9,10) - Would be better if you remove the last repeat of the slider and add a circle I think ... by the way this looks like a... >:(
  5. 02:31:527 - Add a note?
  6. 02:37:227 (1) - Remove this note?
  7. 02:39:027 (1) - Remove new combo?
[Don't Give Up!]
  1. This diff looks good :D
  2. 02:05:427 (1,2,3,4,1) - Make the star and the end of the two slider on the same line than the circles? http://puu.sh/YPN
  3. 02:21:627 (1) - This slider should finish at 02:23:427 - I know this is annoying to do but I think it sounds bad atm :(
  4. 02:33:327 (5,1) - This slider under the circle doesn't look nice, maybe something like this? http://puu.sh/YQ7
  5. 02:42:327 (5) - Add a repeat?
  6. 02:57:027 (1) - make it start at 02:56:877 - ?
  7. 02:58:227 (3) - make it start at 02:58:077 - ?
[lizzehb's]
  1. Uuuh...There's a lot of wrong spacing here. Check it please. :(
  2. 00:19:227 (1,2,3) - This pattern doesn't make sense at all obviously :/ It just kill all the begin of the map.
  3. 00:27:627 (6,7,8) - The same thing once again :| Even if it feels a bit better this time, don't know why.
  4. 00:54:327 (7,1,2,4) - This doesn't really looks good because of all the stacks.
  5. 01:30:327 (2) - This note should be stacked at the end of (1)
  6. 01:51:027 (2,3,4) - Uh, don't really like this one but I guess it's ok...
  7. 02:06:327 (2,3,4) - A little disturbing because it looks like the timing change.
  8. 02:07:227 (6,7,1,2) - Space it. Seriously.
  9. 02:08:727 (3,4) - Same here, space it.
  10. 02:09:927 (5) - Uh, I think it should end at 02:10:227 -
  11. 02:25:827 (4,5) - GAFZYUIOGVFAUIOVHUAIAGUEGHVAUIO Once again space it please. Those random anti-jump aren't cool at all.
  12. 02:28:827 (1) - make it end at 02:29:727 - ? A little short but making a note at 1/2 after a spinner isn't good imo.
  13. 02:47:127 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3) - So much random anti-jump again. Forget about anti-jump mapping if you don't know how to use it. :/
  14. I don't really like all those streams at the end :/
  15. 03:04:677 (4) - Remove it?
  16. 03:06:627 (1,2,3,4) - Make it star here 03:06:477 - (and don't forget about the spacing)
  17. 03:08:277 (5) - Remove it?
  18. 03:09:477 (5) - Remove it?
  19. 03:12:177 - Add a note?
  20. 03:18:027 (6) - Remove it!
  21. 03:21:027 - From here it's just lazy copy paste and mapping, can't you improve the end?
[SapphireGhost]
  1. 00:43:227 (1) - Doesn't really fit imo, remove it?
  2. 00:45:927 (9,10,11) - Uh... space it or stack it on (11) maybe?
  3. 02:51:027 (5) - stack it under 02:49:827 (5) -
  4. 03:06:177 (9,1) - 03:06:927 (4,1) - The spacing here looks really bad imo :(
  5. 03:25:677 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - What are all those new combo? Is it some TAG4 joke?
  6. Except for all those things the spacing was more or less ok when I played, but it's still weird a bit weird :|
  7. Too much stacks kill the stack I don't really like your abuse of those long stack with more than 4 notes.
Keep tryin' tryin'~
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

footix31 wrote:

Irc Mod

+

[General]
  • You should look at slider shape. Some of them looks really bad
WHAAAT ?!?!?! ...k

[You Can Do it!]
  1. 01:51:327 (2) - Finish it at 01:51:927 - ? Only a suggestion because it seems ok too like it is now.Agreed...done ~
  2. 02:42:627 (2,1) - The first note doesn't follow the vocal and then the slider follow it. I ALWAYS slider break on this slider ;_; You really should move (2) at 02:42:327 if you want to follow the vocal. (don't forget the spacing)Done... moved both slider and note on timeline ~
[Keep It Up!]
  1. 01:51:327 (3) - This looks really awful :cry: Make it like this http://puu.sh/YP0I think I got it ~
  2. 02:21:627 (4,1) - WTF? I don't think it really fit the song and this is supposed to be a normal. At least delete the hitcircle and add a repeat on the slider but I think you should map this with 1/2, not 1/4. http://puu.sh/YP6 like this?Agreed ~
  3. 02:24:027 (5) - New combo?Already a new combo :O!
  4. 02:25:527 (8,9,10) - Would be better if you remove the last repeat of the slider and add a circle I think ... by the way this looks like a... >:( balogna and eggs :3. Placed the two notes elsewhere on the grid ~
  5. 02:31:527 - Add a note? DISAGREE }:O THIS IS A NORMAL SPARTAAAAAA!!!! :P. Nah I prefer not to.
  6. 02:37:227 (1) - Remove this note? Done~
  7. 02:39:027 (1) - Remove new combo?
[Don't Give Up!]
  1. This diff looks good :D
  2. 02:05:427 (1,2,3,4,1) - Make the star and the end of the two slider on the same line than the circles? http://puu.sh/YPNDone ~ ... not exactly a circle but it's cute ? lol...
  3. 02:21:627 (1) - This slider should finish at 02:23:427 - I know this is annoying to do but I think it sounds bad atm :( Done ~ wasn't too hard to correct :).
  4. 02:33:327 (5,1) - This slider under the circle doesn't look nice, maybe something like this? http://puu.sh/YQ7 Yup, did the same thing at the end of the combo, which is kinda pretty ~.
  5. 02:42:327 (5) - Add a repeat? Agreed~
  6. 02:57:027 (1) - make it start at 02:56:877 - ? Agreed~
  7. 02:58:227 (3) - make it start at 02:58:077 - ?
Agreed~

Keep tryin' tryin'~ <3
I'm sorry you got through so many mood swings, emotions and CRYING through the modding of my beatmap. I'll try to find you a suitable (but not too expensive) therapist to help you through your recovery :3. haha :) THANKS for the modding...and the Starrr !!! :D
Kamure
Oh, the motivational diff names.....

By Mod Request:

General
  1. At the beginning, it seems a bit early but as you go on, the beats seem perfect... I guess you have to change the bpm.
  2. Add kiai time?
[You Can Do It!]
  1. 02:33:927 (1) - use ctrl+h to check the symmetry, make it symmetrical relative to the whole grid.
  2. 02:41:127 (1) - remove combo
  3. 02:47:427 (1,2,3) - make all of these sliders end a blue tick earlier
  4. 03:01:227 (1) - remove combo
  5. 03:14:427 (1) - make the end of this slider match at the (3)
[Keep It Up!]
  1. 00:28:827 (1,2,3) - these sliders look horrible, along with the small overlapping area
  2. 01:31:227 (1) - make it symmetrical
  3. 01:34:827 (3,4,5) - 3 grids right , 1 grid down (lvl 4)
  4. 02:37:827 (1) - symmetrical?
  5. 02:40:227 (1) - ^
[Don't Give Up!]
  1. 01:48:927 (9) - match with (4)
  2. 02:37:827 (1) - same issue as before?
  3. 02:40:227 (1) - ^
[Lizzehb]
  1. Add hitsounds
  2. 00:29:277 (1) - remove combo
  3. 00:37:227 (3) - down three grids (lvl 3)
  4. 00:47:127 (5,6) - hmmm, this rhythm doesn't the song, you will have to play with the beatsnap divisor to get the correct rhythm
  5. 02:07:227 (6,7) - spacing
  6. 02:21:627 (2,3) - 1 grid up (lvl 3)
  7. 02:24:627 (2,1) - spacing
  8. 02:25:827 (4,5) - ^ also pretty confusing
  9. 02:47:877 (5) - one blue tick back
  10. 02:48:327 (6) - new combo
  11. 02:48:927 (8) - one blue tick back
  12. 02:50:277 (3) - ^
  13. 03:14:127 (6,7) - follow the pattern of the combo
[SapphireGhost]
  1. 00:24:027 (1) - the top of this slider doesn't curve around the other slider enough
  2. 00:36:627 (1) - remove combo
  3. 00:54:177 (3) - spacing
  4. 00:55:077 (1,2,3) - ^
Uhh, good luck!!!!1
SapphireGhost
You thought it was a TAG4 joke? :P
Would have worked though

Download: Utada Hikaru - Keep Tryin' (MathiasXII) [SapphireGhost's Perseverance].osu
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

chamelepeace710 wrote:

Oh, the motivational diff names..... :3

By Mod Request:

General
  1. At the beginning, it seems a bit early but as you go on, the beats seem perfect... I guess you have to change the bpm. ARGH ! You're soooooooooooooooooo right. Corrected BPM and offset ~!
  2. Add kiai time?>:(

[You Can Do It!]
  1. 02:33:927 (1) - use ctrl+h to check the symmetry, make it symmetrical relative to the whole grid. Cool~!
  2. 02:41:127 (1) - remove combo Done~!
  3. 02:47:427 (1,2,3) - make all of these sliders end a blue tick earlier Done~!
  4. 03:01:227 (1) - remove combo Done~!
  5. 03:14:427 (1) - make the end of this slider match at the (3) Done~!
[Keep It Up!]
  1. 00:28:827 (1,2,3) - these sliders look horrible, along with the small overlapping area Makeover~!
  2. 01:31:227 (1) - make it symmetrical Done~!
  3. 01:34:827 (3,4,5) - 3 grids right , 1 grid down (lvl 4) Done~!
  4. 02:37:827 (1) - symmetrical? Done~!
  5. 02:40:227 (1) - ^ ^~!
[Don't Give Up!]
  1. 01:48:927 (9) - match with (4) Done~!
  2. 02:37:827 (1) - same issue as before? Ugh... Done~!
  3. 02:40:227 (1) - ^ ^~!
[Lizzehb]

*blah blah blah*

[SapphireGhost]

*blah blah blah*

Uhh, good luck!!!!1 BFF~!

SapphireGhost wrote:

You thought it was a TAG4 joke? :P
Would have worked though
Updated!
_Kiva
cool song , keep it up!
Shoots a star and i ll start modding this in few days :P
iMuffin

footix31 wrote:

[lizzehb's]
  1. Uuuh...There's a lot of wrong spacing here. Check it please. :( Done~
  2. 00:19:227 (1,2,3) - This pattern doesn't make sense at all obviously :/ It just kill all the begin of the map. Done~
  3. 00:27:627 (6,7,8) - The same thing once again :| Even if it feels a bit better this time, don't know why.Done~
  4. 00:54:327 (7,1,2,4) - This doesn't really looks good because of all the stacks. Done~
  5. 01:30:327 (2) - This note should be stacked at the end of (1) Done~
  6. 01:51:027 (2,3,4) - Uh, don't really like this one but I guess it's ok...Done~
  7. 02:06:327 (2,3,4) - A little disturbing because it looks like the timing change.Done~ (if someone else points it out I'll change it)
  8. 02:07:227 (6,7,1,2) - Space it. Seriously. Done~
  9. 02:08:727 (3,4) - Same here, space it. Done~ (it's fine to AI mod spacing.)
  10. 02:09:927 (5) - Uh, I think it should end at 02:10:227 - Done~
  11. 02:25:827 (4,5) - GAFZYUIOGVFAUIOVHUAIAGUEGHVAUIO Once again space it please. Those random anti-jump aren't cool at all.Done~
  12. 02:28:827 (1) - make it end at 02:29:727 - ? A little short but making a note at 1/2 after a spinner isn't good imo. Done~
  13. 02:47:127 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3) - So much random anti-jump again. Forget about anti-jump mapping if you don't know how to use it. :/
  14. I don't really like all those streams at the end :/ If someone else don't like it, I'll change it.
  15. 03:04:677 (4) - Remove it?
  16. 03:06:627 (1,2,3,4) - Make it star here 03:06:477 - (and don't forget about the spacing)
  17. 03:08:277 (5) - Remove it?Done~
  18. 03:09:477 (5) - Remove it?Done~
  19. 03:12:177 - Add a note?Done~
  20. 03:18:027 (6) - Remove it! Done~
  21. 03:21:027 - From here it's just lazy copy paste and mapping, can't you improve the end? If someone else tells me to change it I will!
Oops I posted on my friend's account. (on his computer lol)
Lizzehb
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

_Kiva wrote:

cool song , keep it up!
Shoots a star and i ll start modding this in few days :P
:) I'd be glad to see some modding from you (since your beatmap is super awesome)!!! You'd welcome to do so hehe. Thanks for the star * :D

Lizzehb wrote:

Updates~
Updated ~!
_Kiva
Ok lets start on [Dont give up]
00:19:222 (1) - fix slider shape for better look
00:24:023 (1) - 00:24:923 (2) - Extend slider length makes it better
eg: extend 00:24:023 (1) from 0:24:473 to 0:24:623
00:44:724 - add 1 note here?
00:47:424 - same
01:23:726 - same
01:25:676 (6) - i suggest to move it to 01:25:826 (6) sounds better
01:27:626 - add note
01:51:327 (3) - this slider , emm , i think not quite fit
02:21:629 (1) - OMG this shape
02:25:229 - add notes
02:52:080 - i feel notes are not snapped at right time point from here.but since AIMOD havnt say anything about snap , i dont make comment

[lizzhb]
00:25:223 - add something here?
00:32:573 (7) - move it to 00:32:723 (7) sounds better
00:47:124 (5) - feel bit strange here. remove the note and extend the slider
01:20:275 (1) - remove new combo
01:35:276 (4) - i suggest to move it to 01:35:426 (4) and add a note at 01:35:126 -
02:27:779 (7) - move to 02:27:929
02:43:230 add note
02:47:880 (5) - move to 02:48:030
02:49:080 (8) - move back to 02:48:930 (8)
02:50:280 (3) - move back to 02:50:130 (3) -

Try to snap notes on drum notes and rythem , snap on vocal lyric isnt a very nice idea
Topic Starter
MathiasXII

_Kiva wrote:

Ok lets start on [Dont give up]
00:19:222 (1) - fix slider shape for better look Done~ I think...!
00:24:023 (1) - 00:24:923 (2) - Extend slider length makes it better Ok~!
eg: extend 00:24:023 (1) from 0:24:473 to 0:24:623
00:44:724 - add 1 note here? Nah I like having a spacing here~
00:47:424 - same same~
01:23:726 - same same~
01:25:676 (6) - i suggest to move it to 01:25:826 (6) sounds better Not following the vocals... =/ ~
01:27:626 - add note I don't exactly like it better, but I see your point. Added a note ~!
01:51:327 (3) - this slider , emm , i think not quite fit It has to do with the vocals
02:21:629 (1) - OMG this shape It's a flower for you <3 ~
02:25:229 - add notes nah I like having a space here ~!
02:52:080 - i feel notes are not snapped at right time point from here.but since AIMOD havnt say anything about snap , i dont make comment I can confirm that every note is snapped ! hehe ~

[lizzhb]
*VIP TO LIZZEHB*
Try to snap notes on drum notes and rythem , snap on vocal lyric isnt a very nice idea If it was Dance Dance Revolution, I would say hell yeah you're right! But on Osu! I don't see following the vocals as a problem. Following vocals is a problem when you have to step to a rythm. Here's it's just clicking circles. So it's more of a freestyle thing as long as it makes sense ~ :).
Thanks for your modding input ~ !
Lizzehb

_Kiva wrote:

[lizzhb]
00:25:223 - add something here? Done~
00:32:573 (7) - move it to 00:32:723 (7) sounds better Done~
00:47:124 (5) - feel bit strange here. remove the note and extend the slider Done~
01:20:275 (1) - remove new combo Done~
01:35:276 (4) - i suggest to move it to 01:35:426 (4) and add a note at 01:35:126 - Done~
02:27:779 (7) - move to 02:27:929 Done~
02:43:230 add note Done~
02:47:880 (5) - move to 02:48:030 Sounds really strange dislike. If someone else mentions to change them then I will.
02:49:080 (8) - move back to 02:48:930 (8) Sounds really strange dislike. If someone else mentions to change them then I will.
02:50:280 (3) - move back to 02:50:130 (3) -Sounds really strange dislike. If someone else mentions to change them then I will.

Try to snap notes on drum notes and rythem , snap on vocal lyric isnt a very nice idea Slow songs are mapped this way, and this is how I manly map.
Thank you~

Updates.

Download: Utada Hikaru - Keep Tryin' (MathiasXII) [lizzehb's Keep Tryin'!].osu
show more