forum

[osu!std] 8/26/18 Unlike Pluto - Everything Black (feat. Mike Taylor) by CoolGuyRift

posted
Total Posts

Should Unlike Pluto - Everything Black (feat. Mike Taylor) by CoolGuyRift be Loved?

Yes
83.14%
No
16.86%
Total votes: 2455
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Toy
Unlike Pluto - Everything Black (feat. Mike Taylor) by CoolGuyRift
Captain's Description (by Toy):
This catchy trap groove by Unlike Pluto has amassed 27 million views on YouTube and plenty more on Spotify as well. In similar fashion, CoolGuyRift's 300+ favorite mapset of the song has received a similar amount of recognition, especially for how easy it is for anyone of any skill level to enjoy a difficulty fit for them. Though the mapping isn't as polished as that of any experienced mapper, it fits the Loved section less-so in mapping quality and more-so in its striking popularity.

Please use the space below to discuss why you believe this map should (or should not!) enter the Loved Category.
The poll will run for 7 days. Revoting will be enabled for the sole purpose of changing your answer in the case that the discussion sways your vote otherwise after submission.

Link to this week's main thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/795468
stq
is this someones literally first map
Majiks
It's a great song, I've always liked it and the mapping itself isn't too bad!
Derr Rtee

stq wrote:

is this someones literally first map

Ikr
edvin184
too easy
-Flashlight-
it'll get loved just bcoz of the song really?
Reverri
Someone played this map before adding in favourite? Wtf, stop it please :p
gilraen
god map
Elcheer
i thought maps had to be graveyarded in order to become loved
DJonla
this maps terrible

the song is good
BUM8YY
I really liked the song,and the map itself wasn't bad
Trost
I honestly can't understand the osu community anymore, you guys vote yes to basically anything that isn't good
Flamenco
excuse me wtf is this xd
timq
pls dont love this, thx
CRINGENAYSH
this song is a banger 10/10, one of my favs
tho the map is not so good but it's decent for 4stars i guess
Juan_98
Why do people hate this map? I think it's just cool and unique, at least for my pov.
Fractured

Juan_98 wrote:

Why do people hate this map? I think it's just cool and unique, at least for my pov.

Because the map isn't in any way polished. The loved section itself is for maps that are of decent quality, but for whatever reason aren't ranked. Whether it be because the maker didn't want to go through the ranking process or because something about it was unrankable.
Dalaniux
Good map :3
_NotPerson_
Gonna be honest thought about voting yes but then I played the map. I was really dissapointed and i think most people voted yes because they like the song. Focused on drums and notes that are barely audible during the drop. I missed so many notes and Ive played the map 20 times and at times i dont know wtf is going on in some parts.
SgtPlatinum
i wanna see it <3
LOLWHAT
Personally, it just wasn't fun when I played it, it just felt too empty with the large amounts of breaks to be a full map.
LimyLee
The map needs to catch the eye more. it's too simple, with a few tweaks it could be loved but at its current state i don't think it can really go against the other maps :C
Lefafel
Honestly suprised this got through the playtest filter and into actual voting. Definitely not up to par.
elke_
My opinion doesn't count as much but i don't think this should be loved. Why should this map be loved because of the song. The map itself isn't really that good in all honesty :/
cosmic
Guys, even though this map's quality is not on par to those in the ranked category (for the most part anyway), the loved category is for any map, regardless of how bad it is, as long as it is enjoyed by a lot of people. I mean, there is a loved map for the bad flute cover of "My heart will Go on" in which the cover doesn't have a consistent bpm and none of the sounds are really snappable to the timeline in the editor in conjunction to each other. So as far as the loved category goes, why care if this map gets loved?
Driih
Very nice map
CutPaper
Generic tbh, I prefer something more unique
dll
this is good the only problem is the black combos are impossible to see at 100 dimmed
Affirmativeee
Nah.
show more