forum

Filter by Language

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +22
Topic Starter
Kirika
Pretty self-explanatory, I notice that on the website you can filter by language, so I don't see why I cannot do it in game.

Something along the lines of, "language=english" which would then show my songs that are performed in english.

The main reason I want this, if I am being honest, is so I can help my friends relate more to the game, since they aren't really anime fans, so the Japanese is a little weird to them.

On the other hand, this is pretty pedantic, so I can see why it wouldn't be worth spending time on.

Thanks for reading. <3
DankSwap
How would the game know what language the songs are in though? I think some songs don't have a language tagged. I could be wrong.
Edit: I re-read your post and I see what you mean. I think the game already allows filtering by tags though. For the language=x to work, I think there would need to be a way to figure out which tag on a song is the language. Also again, some songs just don't have any language tag.

If there's a way to make it work, I'm totally in support though! :)
Cassidy

DankSwap wrote:

How would the game know what language the songs are in though? I think some songs don't have a language tagged. I could be wrong.
Edit: I re-read your post and I see what you mean. I think the game already allows filtering by tags though. For the language=x to work, I think there would need to be a way to figure out which tag on a song is the language. Also again, some songs just don't have any language tag.

If there's a way to make it work, I'm totally in support though! :)

Instead of deciding which tag is language would it not suffice to have the option/ability to add a "Language: " tag completely separate to the song tags when creating a beatmap? Artist: , Song: , Tags: , Language: , etc?
DankSwap
Yea sounds pretty good IMO!
Phosphorcracker
I can feel you there, sometimes i just want some lyrics i can actually understand, have an upvote