show more
Kimitakari
Crowley is gay
Nanachii
im gayer than Crowley
MBomb
rank silence/violence.

[Crowley's Gay]

00:13:650 (1) - Why is there a HDash to this? The downbeat is nowhere near strong enough to imply such a movement. Just a normal dash would be a lot more comfortable with the music here.
00:14:400 (3) - Considering the pitch on this note, a higher distancing would definitely be more comfortable to differentiate it in a more emphasised way from 2.
00:16:650 (1) - Pretty weak downbeat, unsure of why you did a HDash to that. Normal dash would sound nicer.
00:18:900 (4) - Could maybe do slightly higher distancing in this 4,5,6 section to better emphasise the pitches being higher than the previous section?
00:19:650 (1) - Again, pretty weak downbeat there, try a normal dash.
00:22:556 (7) - A slightly stronger distancing to this would make the angle of the movement feel less awkward just after the strong HDash, try increasing it to x:360.
00:22:650 (1) - Curve please, that droplet is quite awkward.
00:22:931 (2) - Current HDash strengths here feel super weird because they're so strong for the movements required afterwards. Try reducing this to x:296.
00:29:212 (3) - Would work nicely to have a dash to this for the vocal strength.
00:30:900 (5,6) - Would be really cool to have a dash to 5 and to 6 for the vocal strengths there, too.
00:35:400 (4) - Dash to that would work pretty well for the vocal.
00:38:212 (3) - HDash strengths on these ones could be reduced quite a bit because these strong sounds aren't as sudden. Try x:328 on this?
00:44:681 (5,6) - Don't feel 5 is really strong enough to have a HDash to it here, it's a weaker drum beat than the other ones around it. Do a normal dash to it instead.
00:46:650 (1) - Would highly recommend moving this a bit to the left, as currently the HDash before this makes the movement into it feel far too weak and easy to overdash, especially considering movement from head is stronger than movement to head.
00:55:462 (6,1) - The sound on 6 with the vocal is definitely much stronger than the sound on 1, it makes this note stand out as particularly strange. Try changing stuff around a bit.
01:02:212 (3) - Again, since this sound and the next don't have the suddenness of the first two, I feel weaker HDash strengths would be a lot nicer. Try x:176 on this.
01:07:462 (1) - Considering the strength on this vocal, I think a slightly stronger dash distance would work well.
01:17:681 (4) - Movement in this slider right now is very awkward due to the fact that it's a speedup-slowdown-speedup-direction change, which leads to some very strange play, especially when the slider is quite a strong movement, yet still a slowdown. I'd recommend tilting this slider vertically more, to make the stop-start motion a lot more obvious and easier to hit.
02:18:150 (1) - Dash to that would be a lot better given there's not really a strong vocal,and the downbeat alone doesn't really stand out enough for a HDash because of the rest of the section around it. Normal dash would be fine.
03:01:650 (1) - Slightly stronger distancing to that would be nice given the HDash movement just before this slider currently requiring quite a significant slowdown.
03:07:650 (1) - Same as above but an even worse case because the start of the slider is actually faster than the movement into the slider. Definitely increase this one.
03:26:025 (2) - Considering vocal strength here, a dash to it would really be fitting.
03:38:400 (4) - HDash here is really close to the wall, literally at the edge, and there's no reason not to reduce it, so do it for the guideline.
03:40:650 (1) - Note isn't really strong enough to have a HDash, even with the downbeat, best to reduce it to a normal dash.
04:41:639 (5) - Movement to this feels super strong currently, when the note isn't really strong enough to cover that. Maybe make the backforth a little easier by stacking it on 3?
05:14:854 (6) - Maybe put this at the same slant as 5? It would feel a lot more comfortable as the stop start motion is currently followed by a speedup and then a direction change, which can be really awkward to play.
05:33:188 (5) - Current placement of this slider leads to a very strange stream shape. Maybe move the head slightly to the left, to make it more of a normal curve?
06:07:021 (1) - Maybe make this slider a bit more vertical, so it's more obvious you don't need to dash this. Every time I play this part, I miss the sliderend because I read it as a dash and then overdash.

I seriously don't think I've ever been so impressed with a map from a newer mapper, especially not as their first set for rank. Call me back.
Topic Starter
Crowley

MBomb wrote:

rank silence/violence.

[Crowley's Gay]

00:13:650 (1) - Why is there a HDash to this? The downbeat is nowhere near strong enough to imply such a movement. Just a normal dash would be a lot more comfortable with the music here. removed
00:14:400 (3) - Considering the pitch on this note, a higher distancing would definitely be more comfortable to differentiate it in a more emphasised way from 2. fixed
00:16:650 (1) - Pretty weak downbeat, unsure of why you did a HDash to that. Normal dash would sound nicer. ooooook
00:18:900 (4) - Could maybe do slightly higher distancing in this 4,5,6 section to better emphasise the pitches being higher than the previous section? ok
00:19:650 (1) - Again, pretty weak downbeat there, try a normal dash. wwoooooooook
00:22:556 (7) - A slightly stronger distancing to this would make the angle of the movement feel less awkward just after the strong HDash, try increasing it to x:360. a
00:22:650 (1) - Curve please, that droplet is quite awkward. fixed
00:22:931 (2) - Current HDash strengths here feel super weird because they're so strong for the movements required afterwards. Try reducing this to x:296. oook
00:29:212 (3) - Would work nicely to have a dash to this for the vocal strength. ok
00:30:900 (5,6) - Would be really cool to have a dash to 5 and to 6 for the vocal strengths there, too. woke
00:35:400 (4) - Dash to that would work pretty well for the vocal. fixed
00:38:212 (3) - HDash strengths on these ones could be reduced quite a bit because these strong sounds aren't as sudden. Try x:328 on this? nerfed
00:44:681 (5,6) - Don't feel 5 is really strong enough to have a HDash to it here, it's a weaker drum beat than the other ones around it. Do a normal dash to it instead. nerfed
00:46:650 (1) - Would highly recommend moving this a bit to the left, as currently the HDash before this makes the movement into it feel far too weak and easy to overdash, especially considering movement from head is stronger than movement to head. oooook
00:55:462 (6,1) - The sound on 6 with the vocal is definitely much stronger than the sound on 1, it makes this note stand out as particularly strange. Try changing stuff around a bit. made 6 the one to be hdashed
01:02:212 (3) - Again, since this sound and the next don't have the suddenness of the first two, I feel weaker HDash strengths would be a lot nicer. Try x:176 on this. neerfed reeeee
01:07:462 (1) - Considering the strength on this vocal, I think a slightly stronger dash distance would work well. made this to be hdashed
01:17:681 (4) - Movement in this slider right now is very awkward due to the fact that it's a speedup-slowdown-speedup-direction change, which leads to some very strange play, especially when the slider is quite a strong movement, yet still a slowdown. I'd recommend tilting this slider vertically more, to make the stop-start motion a lot more obvious and easier to hit. oook
02:18:150 (1) - Dash to that would be a lot better given there's not really a strong vocal,and the downbeat alone doesn't really stand out enough for a HDash because of the rest of the section around it. Normal dash would be fine. ok fiexed
03:01:650 (1) - Slightly stronger distancing to that would be nice given the HDash movement just before this slider currently requiring quite a significant slowdown. increased
03:07:650 (1) - Same as above but an even worse case because the start of the slider is actually faster than the movement into the slider. Definitely increase this one. copypasted the first one w
03:26:025 (2) - Considering vocal strength here, a dash to it would really be fitting. ok fixd
03:38:400 (4) - HDash here is really close to the wall, literally at the edge, and there's no reason not to reduce it, so do it for the guideline. woops my b
03:40:650 (1) - Note isn't really strong enough to have a HDash, even with the downbeat, best to reduce it to a normal dash. ook
04:41:639 (5) - Movement to this feels super strong currently, when the note isn't really strong enough to cover that. Maybe make the backforth a little easier by stacking it on 3? sure copypasted it also on the first chorus w
05:14:854 (6) - Maybe put this at the same slant as 5? It would feel a lot more comfortable as the stop start motion is currently followed by a speedup and then a direction change, which can be really awkward to play. ok fixd
05:33:188 (5) - Current placement of this slider leads to a very strange stream shape. Maybe move the head slightly to the left, to make it more of a normal curve? changed the stream into curved instead rREEE
06:07:021 (1) - Maybe make this slider a bit more vertical, so it's more obvious you don't need to dash this. Every time I play this part, I miss the sliderend because I read it as a dash and then overdash. made it vertical weeee

I seriously don't think I've ever been so impressed with a map from a newer mapper, especially not as their first set for rank. Call me back.
thank you so much! :D
Sakary
crowley
MBomb
fuck i checked aimod and there's a few things unsnapped (by 4ms max but that's still unrankable)

fix stuff on aimod and then call either me or jeir for rebub

(popping bubble properly for records)
Ascendance
In my interpretation, the song shows contrast between Silence and Violence which may cause Chaos.

:?: :?: :?:
Topic Starter
Crowley

Ascendance wrote:

In my interpretation, the song shows contrast between Silence and Violence which may cause Chaos.

:?: :?: :?:
oh my FUCK im genuinely cringing rn and feeling embarrassed for my past year self. changing diffname to something more simpler LOL

MBomb wrote:

fuck i checked aimod and there's a few things unsnapped (by 4ms max but that's still unrankable)

fix stuff on aimod and then call either me or jeir for rebub

(popping bubble properly for records)

ok fixed w jeir said u bubble first
MBomb
at one point in violence, it sounds like the song is yelling GAY GAY GAY, which is what Crowley is

Bubbled <3
Ascendance
Gonna pop this for timing! There are cases currently where the timing is very clearly off, for example, the beginning is suuuuuuuuuper wonky. I talked to pishi who basically recommended that the amount of timing required to make that trumpet section work would really suck,and he basically just said to delete the whole beginning part.

1. The timing section at 00:12:150 - feels really early also.
  2. Timing is so messed up that 00:27:056 (1) - (which should land on a big white tick) is on a blue tick, etc etc etc.
  3. 00:31:650 (1,2,3,4) - Not unrankable but this sounds awful since you're emphasizing the lyrics and then randomly switching back to instrumental on the 1/2 aaaa
  4. 00:51:150 - clearly off
  5. 00:54:900 (3,4) - does not sound snapped properly
etc etc etc.

I poked pishi about it, so he'll hopefully post here to help out (but not time it for you, you'll need to do that on your own). After the timing-related issues are fixed and confirmed, the original two nominators can move this forward from here.
pishifat
i mean, the easy way to fix the beginning is deleting it since you won't have to worry about however many red lines it takes to make trumpet aligned with metronome and you won't have to worry about out-of-sync instruments in the music (which is why 00:11:400 (2,3,4,5) - is such a dumb rhythm)

the rest of the song is better than that, though there's a few sections early/late and you used irregular rhythms to compensate for that in places (like this section 03:37:228 (4) - ). using red lines to fix this stuff is hard but possible

all this only applies to the first song because violence uses an edited mp3
Topic Starter
Crowley

Ascendance wrote:

Gonna pop this for timing! There are cases currently where the timing is very clearly off, for example, the beginning is suuuuuuuuuper wonky. I talked to pishi who basically recommended that the amount of timing required to make that trumpet section work would really suck,and he basically just said to delete the whole beginning part.

1. The timing section at 00:12:150 - feels really early also.
  2. Timing is so messed up that 00:27:056 (1) - (which should land on a big white tick) is on a blue tick, etc etc etc.
  3. 00:31:650 (1,2,3,4) - Not unrankable but this sounds awful since you're emphasizing the lyrics and then randomly switching back to instrumental on the 1/2 aaaa ok ill just edit this and follow the beat
  4. 00:51:150 - clearly off
  5. 00:54:900 (3,4) - does not sound snapped properly
etc etc etc.

I poked pishi about it, so he'll hopefully post here to help out (but not time it for you, you'll need to do that on your own). After the timing-related issues are fixed and confirmed, the original two nominators can move this forward from here.
oh fuck lol ok im gonna ask for timing help i cant time for crap xdddd

pishifat wrote:

i mean, the easy way to fix the beginning is deleting it since you won't have to worry about however many red lines it takes to make trumpet aligned with metronome and you won't have to worry about out-of-sync instruments in the music (which is why 00:11:400 (2,3,4,5) - is such a dumb rhythm)

the rest of the song is better than that, though there's a few sections early/late and you used irregular rhythms to compensate for that in places (like this section 03:37:228 (4) - ). using red lines to fix this stuff is hard but possible

all this only applies to the first song because violence uses an edited mp3
okay! deleting the first part w
JBHyperion

Crowley wrote:

lame >_>
Topic Starter
Crowley

JBHyperion wrote:

Crowley wrote:

lame >_>
but i cant time :C
JBHyperion

Crowley wrote:

but i cant time :C
What better time to learn then ay? (:
LowAccuracySS
please dont remove the start :(
MBomb

LowAccuracySS wrote:

agree
Xinnoh
Topic Starter
Crowley

Sinnoh wrote:

https://pastebin.com/n2qgnSih
holy SHIT thank you so much youre a life saver!!!!!!!

LowAccuracySS wrote:

JBHyperion wrote:

Crowley wrote:

lame >_>

MBomb wrote:

LowAccuracySS wrote:

agree
nvm bois remapped the first part uwu
Ascendance
a moment of silence please
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.