forum

Camellia - Fastest Crash [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lumenite-
okay so i got him to fix the tiny spread issue between the futsuu and muzu, the futsuu was a lil bit too similar to the kantan in some places (fixed by adding 1/2 and 1/1 to the futsuu where needed)

now i only have to ask that you change the kantan od to 3 and the futsuu od to 4, otherwise we're almost there
Lumenite-
finna crash the party the fastest that i can :^)
hikiko-
was the first barline always omitted or was i blind when i checked this set initially
either way just fix it at some point, the first two notes aren't pickups so the barline shouldn't be removed
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_6637817
Fixed said barline Problem, should be good to go!
hikiko-
qualified after two and a half years in the making! congrats and good luck with everything
HomieLove
ok I really hate to break in but uhh why is 00:28:136 (113) - a finish in crash diff while 03:58:421 (253) - isn't; especially when it's the only diff with this property, is there some sort of intention behind it or was that by accident? just noticed that when I was playing the map for funsies, though DQ'ing the map over it would be sad :o
Aurele
Disqualify requested by the mapper to fix the post above
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_6637817
00:28:137 (113) - Has been unfinished; shouldnt be a finisher anyways, thanks!
Aurele
you should recheck AiMod, because there are unsnapped notes and timing points on all difficulties.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_6637817
Really no idea how those slipped in wtf
Anyways, fixed unsnapped kiais and unsnapped notes, The rest of the unsnapped greenlines are for Volume mostly so they have tolerance concerning being unsnapped.
Aurele
She's back!
Lumenite-
i already did a pun for this i'm not doing 2
Gemu-
Congrats!! :33
Aloda
Finisher stuff again

Talked to Nepuri and agreed that 03:53:137 (3) - in the Futsuu should have a finisher like all other diffs.

I'll follow up with further modding tomorrow
Nardoxyribonucleic
Apart from the inconsistencies of finishes Aloda mentioned, I would also like to point out that it is a bit strange to have the end spinner in Kantan and Futsuu stopped at a different spot compared to the rest of the set. You may want to make that consistent as well.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_6637817
It was intentional to make them end earlier.
Putting a kantan player subject to around 50 hits in that time to complete the spinner i can imagine as being strenouos.
The same would apply for futsuu, though extended a bit to adapt to the difficulty.

For me its a kind of playability concern that im willing to pay consistency for to make it better to play.
Nardoxyribonucleic
Hitting spinners do not require higher techniques as it is not related to bpm and the time to finish it is generally abundant. Given the time allowed to do the dk spam is directly proportional to the spinner length itself, it is not really as strenuous as you imagined and not worthwhile to impair consistency across the set using different lengths of spinner.
Aloda
Follow up modding.

[Kantan]
The breaks in the 00:29:707 - 00:47:993 - section could be shifted a bit for a more intuitive structure that's more consistent with that of the following section. 00:30:279 (17) - 00:34:850 (26) - 00:39:421 (35) - could be shifted to 00:32:564 - 00:37:136 - 00:41:707 - respectively.

[Futsuu]
The structure you've used in the first kiai section feels kind of random, mapping to similar rhythms in very different ways. Variety is great to some extent, but a cleaner, more consistent structure would be much more fitting here. Try switching the structure to something like this (blue line on kiai start) continued similarly from here on, keeping the breaks at a consistent part of the rhythm throughout the section. If you need more specific suggestions please let me know.

[Muzukashii]

01:08:137 (20) - 01:12:708 (1) - 01:17:279 (25) - 01:21:851 (49) - I assume you've placed these notes where they are to ensure 3/2 gaps between them and the following notes, which is great, but they honestly feel kind of awkward to play here and you're probably better off just removing them, leaving a larger gap and making for a more natural, intuitive structure.

[Inner Oni]

00:11:279 (17) - this note feels pretty out of place and could be removed.

Also I do agree with Nardo about the spinners and I recommend you extend them to match those of the other diffs.

Please let me know once you've applied the mod.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_6637817

Aloda wrote:

Follow up modding.

[Kantan]
The breaks in the 00:29:707 - 00:47:993 - section could be shifted a bit for a more intuitive structure that's more consistent with that of the following section. 00:30:279 (17) - 00:34:850 (26) - 00:39:421 (35) - could be shifted to 00:32:564 - 00:37:136 - 00:41:707 - respectively. Yea, this lines them up better with the measures and start of the phrases, fixed!

[Futsuu]
The structure you've used in the first kiai section feels kind of random, mapping to similar rhythms in very different ways. Variety is great to some extent, but a cleaner, more consistent structure would be much more fitting here. Try switching the structure to something like this (blue line on kiai start) continued similarly from here on, keeping the breaks at a consistent part of the rhythm throughout the section. If you need more specific suggestions please let me know. I redid break placement so there is a 2/1 every 2nd repetition of the melody, with the exception of the strong basskicks which i cant ignore, where i place the break 2 beats later, which coincidentally serves as variety imo. Hope that fixed the issue!

[Muzukashii]

01:08:137 (20) - 01:12:708 (1) - 01:17:279 (25) - 01:21:851 (49) - I assume you've placed these notes where they are to ensure 3/2 gaps between them and the following notes, which is great, but they honestly feel kind of awkward to play here and you're probably better off just removing them, leaving a larger gap and making for a more natural, intuitive structure. Was honestly a bit worried about these breaks being enough in a dense kiai like this. Gladly applied!

[Inner Oni]

00:11:279 (17) - this note feels pretty out of place and could be removed. 2 Year old mapping relic LOL. Fixed!

Also I do agree with Nardo about the spinners and I recommend you extend them to match those of the other diffs. Fixed aswell!

Please let me know once you've applied the mod.
Aloda
Looking good 'w')b
Lumenite-
hi gabe! :^)