forum

Osu! Event mode [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ELEKA22
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43997 not equal but is inspired by that. ò.ó!

Well seriously as an alternative to SoloMode.

I think one of the characteristics of Osu! is that there are no stages or unlock, I mean, you have to complete something to get something better (perhaps levels, but that's aside).
Therefore a way of events, it would be theoretically untenable, songs coming from moment to moment, end with outdated methods and hard work

When I refer to the event, I mean a series of songs that (perhaps) are continuous and in a definite order, with different levels, I mean:

Bad Apple Event!:

-First Song
-Second Song
-4 ...

If all pass, is approved (with lyrics).
If you do not understand, imagine it as the mode of Guitar Hero.

But as I said before, it would be theoretically untenable, unless that ...

What if people create modes?, Yes! as the pack of BM's, sun-ordered community, approved by the people who approve (: B)

I hope you understand the idea and consider it, if you want to know more just ask.
deadbeat
its a set playlist that gets harder as u advance????
Wishy
I think this kind of playlist/Guitar Hero style system would be really great to give new players some kind of In-Game guidance, but since there's already those easy beatmaps packs, I guess there is no need for something like that.
Xgor
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1885&p=513689&hilit=Event+mode#p513689
Dupe and will come <.<
Didn't you guys read that in the other thread that this was planned
Topic Starter
ELEKA22
It's basically the idea is half baked.
I've thought and serious in two ways, one that unlocks the BM's, or another not.
Do not know which is better, and do not think they can live with the two forms:

Blocked:
It would be a series of songs that are unique to that event.
You play a level and if they approve of going to the next, next, next, etc. If you spend a very high-rated (S or SS) get (maybe) an extra song.
It may be necessary to play each song to play a certain (if you want to play the song 7, have to pass those who are behind).
The disadvantages of this is that it is very difficult to implement as exclusive songs that would event (for obvious reasons)

Free:
In this songs are not exclusive.
The trouble is that not the same in gameplay: (

Basically what they share is that both are continuous, and I like the idea that it ranks, having a total score of all the songs.

Yes, it is as an advanced mode, but you can choose the levels and type of game (CTB, Taiko, Osu!).
Derekku
A "free" event mode, "unlockable" event mode, and maps specific for an event mode are all things planned and have mentioned in other threads. :s
Topic Starter
ELEKA22
Well, the "other threads " together not everything, or if they did?