forum

Always dim background [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
fibao
Hello,
I prefer playing with a dimmed background (100%) and disable custom skin and storyboard and custom hitsounds, on every map, every single time I play one.

I'd really like to be able to set this in options so that it always does that, even when it's my first play (Supporter, I can set it manually) but I don't want to set it myself.

Some may argue that it's more fun to play without dimmed background etc. but I disagree, for me it's more fun playing this way, and I'm going to manually do it anyway.
Syrus
I don't think it's needed to add a feature for something you can easily do in about 1-2 seconds, plus you only have to do it once every time you play a newly downloaded map.

But that's just me.
enik
Can you imagine back in time people had to play without dim at all? There was a very long discussion after which we finally got 100% dim (from 90%) and even on the first try option for supporters, so asking for more is just ignorant. Come on, you even have supporter, move your cursor down the screen and click once per map, it's not that hard.
Topic Starter
fibao
Yes but today some how all my settings were lost and I have to set the dim AGAIN on every map even if I already played...

This happened a few days ago to Azer too..

Also using my tablet it takes about 5-6 swipes for it to register my movement when sliding the background dim!
Kitsunemimi

enik wrote:

Can you imagine back in time people had to play without dim at all? There was a very long discussion after which we finally got 100% dim (from 90%) and even on the first try option for supporters, so asking for more is just ignorant. Come on, you even have supporter, move your cursor down the screen and click once per map, it's not that hard.
^ This exactly.

Stop being so spoiled. You don't need to make the fun spoilers even more spoiling.
Also I'm pretty sure this has been requested and denied before (not too long ago too), so no.

Plus you're just doing it wrong. It's not hard to move the slider and the maps don't just forget your setting.
Topic Starter
fibao
Ehh, what?
Don't forget my setting? I'm not the one forgetting it, I imported 18.000 maps last night so that might have played role, but the game forgot my settings, not me.

Also personally I'm not into japan or otaku culture, I'm just a casual anime watcher, but I'm not interested in background or anything, I really just want to be able to get high scores and ranks.
deadbeat
p/2000836 i lol'd
anyway, in case you weren't aware, there already is a default dim of 30%, and since you're a supporter, you can change it too 100% without even having to play the map. if that's not enough, then i weep for the future of osu!
ijsPod
I came here looking if it was possible to do something like this, all I found was people complaining LOL. Anyways here's why I am looking. I am looking this up simply because its ALWAYS resting the dim... If you only had to do it once sure, but bro mans not trying to dim it every single day on every single map just to practice for Overwatch w/o looking at some anime *****es, while his mother walks into the room every few hours.