forum

S3RL feat Tamika - Tell Me What You Want

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Lumael
fixed a couple things from mk's difficulties, but I kept some since I didn't find the change necessary
Mafumafu
Recheck.

I think it is still quite inappropriate to leave so many mappable blanks in the intro. I think the intro should at least be shorter than 20% to show enough commitment toward the song and the map. So I'd like to suggest, as a kind of trade-off for your concerns, starting mapping from 00:23:920 so that the intro will only be 19.9% and you could map the sentence in a whole so as not to make it sounds weird to start in the middle of a sentence. You need to adjust the timing point as well.

What about the diff name change I mentioned in my mod?

About NC scheme in the top diff:
00:26:920 (1,2,1,2) - I think it is better to keep these in one combo as their structure is similar, it is not necessary to NC for hint for players as such spacing variation isn't that hard to that level of players. Same for latter identical patterns.
Topic Starter
Lumael

Regraz wrote:

Recheck.

I think it is still quite inappropriate to leave so many mappable blanks in the intro. I think the intro should at least be shorter than 20% to show enough commitment toward the song and the map. So I'd like to suggest, as a kind of trade-off for your concerns, starting mapping from 00:23:920 so that the intro will only be 19.9% and you could map the sentence in a whole so as not to make it sounds weird to start in the middle of a sentence. You need to adjust the timing point as well.

What about the diff name change I mentioned in my mod? I decided not to change since I think it makes the spread sound a bit more interesting to the player

About NC scheme in the top diff:
00:26:920 (1,2,1,2) - I think it is better to keep these in one combo as their structure is similar, it is not necessary to NC for hint for players as such spacing variation isn't that hard to that level of players. Same for latter identical patterns.
Everything else fixed
Mafumafu
I think I cannot do anything else without diffname changes. Challenging could mean top diff (and that is frequently witnessed in many other mapsets) and Average cannot tell it is between which two difficulties in a spread.
Mafumafu
Finally the diffnames have been changed. Let us have a try.
Net0
Congratz guys ^^
Topic Starter
Lumael
Thank. You!
Trynna
looks like i tried to post something earlier but forum didn't want to work so my post was never done? oh

regarding the last difficulty of the mapset, there are some auto stacks that are tilting me incredibly, such as 01:07:795 (3,4,1) - 01:10:795 (4,5,1) - 01:07:795 (3,4,1) - . Tail + circle + head stacked are naturally no good, but since you used a low stack leniency it causes an effect that can be even worse (pic that uses sl 5 as an example), making the pattern harder to read than usual and also making your aesthetic really weird. I'd recommend manually stacking those or just increasing the sl (which is not the best option imo but idk) so this thing can be avoided

also the map is pretty cool, gl on ranking it
Topic Starter
Lumael

Trynna wrote:

looks like i tried to post something earlier but forum didn't want to work so my post was never done? oh

regarding the last difficulty of the mapset, there are some auto stacks that are tilting me incredibly, such as 01:07:795 (3,4,1) - 01:10:795 (4,5,1) - 01:07:795 (3,4,1) - . Tail + circle + head stacked are naturally no good, but since you used a low stack leniency it causes an effect that can be even worse (pic that uses sl 5 as an example), making the pattern harder to read than usual and also making your aesthetic really weird. I'd recommend manually stacking those or just increasing the sl (which is not the best option imo but idk) so this thing can be avoided

The settings I have for SL doesn't have any impact on 1/4, only 1/2 rhythm and above. I couldn't see any difference from this and the standard stack leniency from the editor, this is just how the editor handles this kind of thing
thank you!
Marianna

Trynna wrote:

I gree with Trynna, thats really uncomfortable.
Voli
I agree with the stacking thing above as well, might be wise to address the issue properly.

Insane
  1. 00:25:045 (2) - Don't you want the ''girl'' vocal to be clickable like here? 00:27:670 (1,2) -
  2. 00:56:170 (1) - ctrl+g would play a bit smoother i think, thats a pretty huge jump for 1/4 tbh
  3. 01:09:295 (1) - don't think the nc is needed here?
  4. 01:11:920 (1) - perhaps a ''distorted'' slider would work well for this effect like shadren did in his diff? example: https://voli.s-ul.eu/Tt3gVbPB.png
Rest of diffs looked good to me. Nice map! Call me for qualify
Topic Starter
Lumael

Voli wrote:

I agree with the stacking thing above as well, might be wise to address the issue properly. fixed

Insane
  1. 00:25:045 (2) - Don't you want the ''girl'' vocal to be clickable like here? 00:27:670 (1,2) - This would break completely the pattern I created, since this rhythm 00:24:670 (1,2,1,2,3,4) - is what I aimed for at the introduction of the song, if I change here just to cover the "girl" it would make it sound a bit inconsistent through the rest of the intro
  2. 00:56:170 (1) - ctrl+g would play a bit smoother i think, thats a pretty huge jump for 1/4 tbh done
  3. 01:09:295 (1) - don't think the nc is needed here? lol but there is a nc already
  4. 01:11:920 (1) - perhaps a ''distorted'' slider would work well for this effect like shadren did in his diff? example: https://voli.s-ul.eu/Tt3gVbPB.png I couldn't open the picture but I tried something myself
Rest of diffs looked good to me. Nice map! Call me for qualify
Thank you!
Voli
ok!
Topic Starter
Lumael
MaridiuS
01:13:982 (1,2,3,4,5) - vs 01:16:982 (1,2,3,4,5) - I don't seem to understand the inconsistency here? Same sounds yet first example has random low spaced fifth note which seems more like a mistake than on purpose.
|
top diff
Topic Starter
Lumael

MaridiuS wrote:

01:13:982 (1,2,3,4,5) - vs 01:16:982 (1,2,3,4,5) - I don't seem to understand the inconsistency here? Same sounds yet first example has random low spaced fifth note which seems more like a mistake than on purpose.
|
top diff
lol yeah this was a mistake, in fact it was the editor who randomly shortened the DS there, but its less than 0.2x of spacing difference and it's really hard to tell just by looking at it :/ I hope it won't be enough to disqualify
Pachiru
Since it just qualified, why don't you just change it to get it requal just after? It's always better to improve quality instead of leaving it like that. But well, it's up to you~
MaridiuS
Don't worry, there won't be any problem into requalifying the map back, this is the reason to why qualification exists and not instant ranked.
Pachiru
It's sad that you didn't take the time to fix that mistake before it got ranked, but well, congratulations for rank.
Mekki
Players won't notice it anyways. We just do because we are mappers and we understand about aesthetics and stuff. Players will still enjoy the same as if it werent like that while playing.

Gratz! This mapser was mine bitch stop stealing from me Querida
Xlouiso
cool