forum

[Archived] all local scores gone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
silmarilen
all my local scores are gone (for every map)

the files are still there, but it doesnt show ingame anymore.
neurosis
same
MillhioreF
This is a bug with the test build overwriting scores.db, make a backup before using the test build in future!
Topic Starter
silmarilen
i havent used the test build in months
Topic Starter
silmarilen
new scores i get are still disappearing
like scores that i got an hour ago arent even here.
Ziggo
Just had the same problem, but i used the test build yesterday. Thankfully there was a scores.bak file in my osu folder, so i just had to rename it to scores.db and my scores are back now. Maybe that works for you too.
Zare
same issue here. ".osr" files still there, won't show up ingame tho.
renaming the scores.bak to scores.db didn't help either.

Any other ideas?
Full Tablet
I got a similar problem, but my .osr files got deleted as well. This happened just after pressing F5 to do a map list check.

When it happened, I checked the folder and I only found about 50 .osr files (while I had thousands of them before that). Adding them manually restored these 50 scores, but the rest are gone.
peppy
How many of the above posters opened the test build? Also, can you replicate it by opening the test build now? (make a backup first)
Zare
Hm.. I just recovered a local score by opening the .osr file. It showed up ingame.
After closing osu! and starting it again, the score was gone. Without opening the test build.
peppy
This is weird. Does osu! create a scores.bak when this happens?
Zare
After moving the scores.bak from the osu! folder the local scores don't disappear after restarting osu! anymore o.o
osu! doesn't create a new scores.bak then (what kind of a file is ".bak" anyways?)
theowest
I've been having this problem for ages. Good to have now that local scores have been increased.

same with me
Topic Starter
silmarilen

peppy wrote:

This is weird. Does osu! create a scores.bak when this happens?
i do have a scores.bak in my folder
peppy
I found a reason that this could be happening, which will be fixed in the next public build.
galactisca
I got the same problem as you guys. As first osu reload all of the maps and then all my local score recently played and collections dispeared, all maps are not yet to calculated. After that i open the score.db file using osu and then i got all my stuff back except the maps are still being calculate. Hope that will help you.

P/S: all of my stuff are still there after restart osu or my computer.
Death
Please don't bump 5 year old posts.