forum

//NIGHTGATE/pro/Minimal, Futuristic, 9 Colors.//

posted
Total Posts
show more
HyperSlayer72
Do you thing a black skin with white drop shadows could be possible?
Topic Starter
-yuo-

h3oCharles wrote:

*shameless bump*

progress update plz
not much.... soz
did a little bit tho

HyperSlayer72 wrote:

Do you thing a black skin with white drop shadows could be possible?
#comingsoon
Shrub
First, wanna say that this skin is gORGEOUS and it's replacing my long time use of Yugen! After playing with it I did some editing that I believe improve readability (and some recolors because you haven't got to that yet). The shadows on the hitcircles and the approach circles, for me at least, make it a tad more difficult to read. Same goes for the scorebar, but you have an option to remove, which is much appreciated! I think options for these to be replaced in preferences would help out some people. I also would opt for white hitcircle overlays as another option. One last thing- an option for a non-blurred versions and just fadeout with tilt of the hit scores would be awesome. This skin is already stunning, and I look forward to even more updates in the future!

Edit: Oh P.S.- idk if you want it, but I currently recolored most the accent to a blue similar to the one you had as an option, so if it'd help you can have my edits
DaPrimeAtce
Will it be supported by osu!lazer in the future?
h3oCharles

DaPrimeAtce wrote:

Will it be supported in osu!lazer?
doubtful of that, as the plans of skinning in lazer are very ambitious and so far no one has recreated stable in lazer yet
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Utilise, i might work on your suggestions while i dont have much colours to manage right now, compared to later on when i have nine skins to manage these changes with

DaPrimeAtce, h3oCharles,
i will probably remake this to support lazer in the future but i'm not sure. all depends on my busyness most likley

Not much progress at all for any skins, but the hols are coming this week so i hope i'm not ded from this past year and i'm able to get up from bed.
DaPrimeAtce

-yuo- wrote:

Utilise, i might work on your suggestions while i dont have much colours to manage right now, compared to later on when i have nine skins to manage these changes with

DaPrimeAtce, h3oCharles,
i will probably remake this to support lazer in the future but i'm not sure. all depends on my busyness most likley

Not much progress at all for any skins, but the hols are coming this week so i hope i'm not ded from this past year and i'm able to get up from bed.
Thanks for the response, I was just curios. I wasn't trying to be pushy or anything, I was just asking if it would sometime in the future be available on lazer.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
HELLO AGAIN

i need more sleep, but for now i've rewired the post and chucked in the ability to peek some colours. They are still in progress though and will be finished when fully lit up.

sorry for the delays, and the skins will be uploaded soon.
h3oCharles
HYYYYYYYYPEEEEE BOIIIIIIIIIIIZZ!!!

really? come on... 16:10 HD
Topic Starter
-yuo-
don get too much hyped

i was ded and now hols are finishing up so rip

that's a wip too many stuff hasn't been ironed out but how is that error happeningg? i can't seem to reproduce it
h3oCharles
go check the width of HD... I don't think it's twice of SD
Topic Starter
-yuo-
It is though?

tested on a mac at:
1152x700
1280x800
1440x900
2560x1600

and similar for other ratios.

i havent encountered this problem myself and apart from the cathcer not being centered i dunno what the problem could be
thing is i think the catchers are all centered properly...
h3oCharles

-yuo- wrote:

[...] and apart from the catcher not being centered [...]
That's the problem m8
DaPrimeAtce
Hey, I found a spinner issue in your nightgate, and if you want to take a look, then here's the proof: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8qwyb4 ... nner_issue
h3oCharles

DaPrimeAtce wrote:

The Spinner strobes. Wach the video footage to see how it strobes. It is very annoying to the eyes. Can this issue get fixe anytime soon?
I don't know what do you mean by that. Also, your dim blinks
DaPrimeAtce

h3oCharles wrote:

DaPrimeAtce wrote:

The Spinner strobes. Wach the video footage to see how it strobes. It is very annoying to the eyes. Can this issue get fixe anytime soon?
I don't know what do you mean by that. Also, your dim blinks

I don't understand what you mean by my dim blinks

Also, if you didn't see in the video footage I put in that link, you see that the spinner's background is sort of flashing.
h3oCharles

DaPrimeAtce wrote:

[...] you see that the spinner's background is sort of flashing.
That's what I meant by dim blinking. Honestly, I never saw this before. Does it happen with other skins?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
This looks more like a graphics card error on your side.

i see it's trying to brighten up and make things glow. Turn off shaders or whats it called in settings?
I dont see that this is a skinning issue but more on your side... My skins do put the graphics card under more pressure than other skins though, so maybe thats why.
costco hotdog
owo?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
owo?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Well hi there

so
my house got robbed. yay. My laptop which i skin on has been stolen, which is annoying. Fourtunatley i still have all skinning work and resources in the cloud or with me on my backup drive, so i could slowly recover.

Im on my school-issued surface pro right now so at least i still have some form of life to hold onto, but at the moment i'll need to adjust to ehhem... windows. and this really annoying surface. gees.

so yeh, im mostly all good, just a notice of delay right here.
Please hope that i could find them again, that would be nice, but otherwise i'm happy with what i have right now.
HyperSlayer72
Holy Shit, Yeah forget us being impatient assholes and take care of yourself. This is what happens when stealing skin assets has gone too far. Good luck recovering!
h3oCharles
o. u. c. h.
exsto
The most important is that you're allright, take care!
nikki_sensei
[post archived]
Topic Starter
-yuo-
aww thanks

well i dont want them to be hurt, just want them to realise theres more ways to life than stealing... but im happy everyone is ok and they didnt steal my backups!
we did get attacked by them just a smashed car window. The back one. was good that none of the glass reached us and they didnt hit one of the sides.
NyarkoO
Holy crap, you're amazing!
This is too well done!

(Good luck on your recovering btw, take as much time as you like)
DaPrimeAtce
Why can people be so cruel? People that rob others are rich snobs that didn’t get raised right, in my opinion.
Topic Starter
-yuo-

NyarkoO wrote:

Holy crap, you're amazing!
This is too well done!

(Good luck on your recovering btw, take as much time as you like)
thanksss! :)

DaPrimeAtce wrote:

Why can people be so cruel? People that rob others are rich snobs that didn’t get raised right, in my opinion.

no need to be too harsh, they where probably desperate and unstable... but we all know and think about stealing anyway but dont actually go with it so guess its just a human thing.
Vimtyr
Menu sounds are too loud. Followpoints are too slow and distracting, kinda stays for too long.
Protip right here^ Besides from that the skin gets 10/10 bananas from me!
HyperSlayer72

Vimtyr wrote:

Menu sounds are too loud. Followpoints are too slow and distracting, kinda stays for too long.
Protip right here^ Besides from that the skin gets 10/10 bananas from me!
Use the more subdued sounds in the options and use the quick spiderweb follow points.
DaPrimeAtce
When you released the pink skin for testing, -yuo-, I found a couple bugs when I tried it.

1. The osu!mania looks different from the original green skin locationwise
2. The text box next to the mode select screen’s title still says Nightgate Green.

If it has been updated since Beta, then I’m a bit late.

Has anyone else noticed there have been 7 billion ranked plays on this game so far?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
yep do see the preferences.

annd yeh the pink is in this state:

its nightgate green but recoloured to pink automatically using a photoshop process i made.
other than that i havent touched anythyng else.

of course some elements will be off whack because it is an automatic process, so i still need to fixup some elements and add support for everything in the options and setup.

but now, i have exams coming up, no decent computer and wayy too much extra work. Skinning is probably my life in the future but not now so i'm gonna focus on now right now. Sorry for the looooonnnggg wait, school life you know?

i think ill be pretty much free in two or three weeks. The year is coming to an end.
h3oCharles
not sure if it's too late to call this out, applause and pause loop are FREAKIN' 44 MB FILES!!! R U KIDDING ME?!
and remove all of pause-*-hover and get one of these files to be named pause-hover, this will also skin the sound of selecting button on the pause/fail screens with arrow keys
rhyrhy
Do beta pack works well?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
h3oCharles
I think there was a reason why this was so, but i'll check in the 'distant' future

rhyrhy
Yes, beta peeks work, but they dont work well. for now.
Vaeporeons
i think the white will look GREAT when you get around to it- im in love with the green vers. but i think white will work a little better with me. thanks for all the hard work!
Topic Starter
-yuo-
I'M BACKKK.....ISH

lots of things have happened for the past many months, but as the year ends i will slowly accelerate to the regular speed with progress.

as i get older i will probably gain more work, and that would take priority simply because its more important to life.. sorry if that sucks, i think it does too.

Lots of red dots to kill for the pink version! thats not even all of them, probably gonna take a while™ but i'll slowly catch up as my work load decreases (and probably will increase again soon.)
Anzu Chan_old
This skin is so great uwu
kuro296
looks awesome qwq
show more