forum

Steam Treasure Hunt

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loginer
Obtain exclusive TF2 hats and win games by giving Valve all of your money and unlocking game-specific achievements.

http://store.steampowered.com/treasurehunt
Neo@lex
I'm in it for the hats.
Ph0X even bought me Chime just so I could play that shitty level.
Nekoroll
Valve: Let's make an event that seems fun like a treasure hunt! We still need to make money though so let's lure people in by having some tasks from real cheap $5 games, then smack in a $35 game. They'll have to pretty much do that same thing every week just to have the CHANCE to win 100 games of their choice.

:(

I would be in it for hats if TF2 didn't include their dumb cash shop. I stopped playing for real after that.

I'm just saving up for the Steam Christmas sales. Everything else is pretty much white noise to me.
Mara
I have done already two of them without noticing. FSDFSDFSDFSDFSAF

Nope.
WhoAteFred
Eh. I have 4 out of 8. Luckily, you can use the demo to unlock one of them.
Bestelle
Damn this thing, I've gotten 3 random add requests due to it in one hour.
Jinxy

RL Link wrote:

Can I add you too
Bestelle

JInxyjem wrote:

RL Link wrote:

Can I add you too
No.
Tatsuo
Can I add you too?

I agree with Neko on this. I am definitely not interested in this because they make us buy the games that we must "treasure hunt" in.
Christmas sale, here I come!
Remco32

I_Tatsuo_I wrote:

I agree with Neko on this. I am definitely not interested in this because they make us buy the games that we must "treasure hunt" in.
I don't see the problem. First we got thanksgiving sale, now this and hopefully soon the Christmas sale. Things are on sale the full month.
NoHitter
You can get like 4 achievements playing demo games/doing basic stuff like joining an official group.
0_o
Anyone wanna gift swap Shatter?
Tatsuo

Remco32 wrote:

I_Tatsuo_I wrote:

I don't see the problem. First we got thanksgiving sale, now this and hopefully soon the Christmas sale. Things are on sale the full month.
You are missing the point. It's their ploy to make us buy more games. For hats. And I, for one, don't feel like spending money just to obtain these hats. However, this is just my opinion.
0_o
If the games that were going on sale were crap I wouldn't get them, but a lot of the $2.50 games have gotten pretty good reviews and I've been having a good time with them.

Though I will admit the hats are a nice incentive :P Not going for the grand prize one though as I'm not COMPLETELY rolling in cash.
Remco32

I_Tatsuo_I wrote:

You are missing the point. It's their ploy to make us buy more games. For hats. And I, for one, don't feel like spending money just to obtain these hats. However, this is just my opinion.
Of course there will be people just doing the treasurehunt and buying these games for the hats. But if you don't care for the hats, you can still score yourself a bargain.