forum

Searching maps in a more detailed way. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Wishy
First of all, I asked at osu!'s chat if there was any option to do this, since I was told there wasn't, I came here to make this post.

I was trying to search maps with high AP (accuracy or whatever), and there's no way to do that. My idea is to implement another filter which would be Accuracy, Circle Size and HP Leech (the three stats you get on any map when looking at it on it's download page). I don't know if this is really hard to implement, but I think it could be really handy (in-game or at the website) when you are looking for some maps with specific stats because of some reason.

I know this won't change the world or anything but in this case I though it could be useful.
James2250
Easy maps have lower stats, Insanes have higher stats. You don't really need a search to find every map that has 8 HP etc. There is no real point?

Wishy22 wrote:

but I think it could be really handy (in-game or at the website) when you are looking for some maps with specific stats because of some reason.
Need alot of reasons to get support from me
Derekku
I agree that this is unnecessary. Drain, Circle Size, Approach Rate, and Overall Difficulty are all just small components of the big picture and wouldn't be very helpful to search for each individually. Plus, you would just get hundreds of results back with every map that uses that setting, thus being useless as opposed to helpful.

Sure, this might help you find the few rare maps using high settings like 9/10 Drain or OD, but those maps are few and far between.
Topic Starter
Wishy

James2250 wrote:

Easy maps have lower stats, Insanes have higher stats. You don't really need a search to find every map that has 8 HP etc. There is no real point?

Wishy22 wrote:

but I think it could be really handy (in-game or at the website) when you are looking for some maps with specific stats because of some reason.
Need alot of reasons to get support from me
Let's say I'm looking for maps with 9 or 10 Accuracy, or with 9 or 10 HP Leech, how do I search them when there is absolutely no way to do it? Maybe I want to practice maps with high AP, or maybe I just want to play maps where missing a single note or having a low accuracy can make you lose, maybe I want to look for maps with very small hit circles to improve my aiming skills.

Of course this is absolutely unnecessary, as many things on this game are, but something being unnecessary doesn't mean at all it can't be handy in some situations. For example, is there any real need of the chat auto-hiding when a pause is over? Is there any real need to get advices when your friends change status? Do you really need to hear a beep when someone says your name? Of course, there is no need at all for this, but it can be a good tool for those who want to use it.

Those are my arguments (though I don't know if the [Denied] on the title means whatever I say doesn't have any kind of value but whatever).

Derekku wrote:

Plus, you would just get hundreds of results back with every map that uses that setting, thus being useless as opposed to helpful.
Which is way better than getting 4029 results (current number of ranked maps :p).
Derekku

Wishy22 wrote:

Let's say I'm looking for maps with 9 or 10 Accuracy, or with 9 or 10 HP Leech, how do I search them when there is absolutely no way to do it? Maybe I want to practice maps with high AP, or maybe I just want to play maps where missing a single note or having a low accuracy can make you lose, maybe I want to look for maps with very small hit circles to improve my aiming skills.
Again, these maps are so rare that it would be better to ask someone to make a list of them than a new search feature. Also, by your logic, we should be able to search maps by max combo as well, which is just silly.

Wishy22 wrote:

Of course this is absolutely unnecessary, as many things on this game are, but something being unnecessary doesn't mean at all it can't be handy in some situations. For example, is there any real need of the chat auto-hiding when a pause is over? Is there any real need to get advices when your friends change status? Do you really need to hear a beep when someone says your name? Of course, there is no need at all for this, but it can be a good tool for those who want to use it.
Chat auto-hiding? That's definitely not unnecessary. Sound notifications on highlights and friend stat messages are also pretty useful to many players.

Wishy22 wrote:

Those are my arguments (though I don't know if the [Denied] on the title means whatever I say doesn't have any kind of value but whatever).
I wouldn't have answered you if I thought what you were saying had zero value. ;) However, you need to realize that it's very unlikely that 'unnecessary' requests are going to be added. Also, consider how many players are actually going to use said feature. Like I've said, it would be much easier for people to make a list of known high Drain/OD/etc maps in a forum thread than try and persuade the development team to add more tools and toggles.