forum

Aspire mapset (std)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Underdogs
In response to the current ranked and loved aspire maps (taiko) I am to propose a GD slot for Algebra aspire (std version)

Here's the deal

1. This map will not go for rank, It's going for loved
  2. The difficulty spread would not be that much. Just 4 (maybe 5) difficulties, which you can find below
  3. There would be a storyboard to help players how to play the map properly
  4. This is aspire, so go as wild as you can
  5. Source of inspiration :-
  6. 1 : Aspire taiko entries
  7. 2 : pishifat's Insane in USAO - Dynamite
  8. 3 Seether - Fake it

As mentioned above, this mapset would be 4 , or 5 diff. These diffs available are as follows

EZ =
HR =
HD =
FL =
Storyboard = GhostFY

EZ
  1. Big Circle Size (1)
  2. Easier Overall Difficulty (1-3)
  3. Lesser HP drain (1-3)

HR
  1. Small circle size (5.5-7)
  2. Hard Overall Diifficulty (8-10)
  3. Punishing HP Drain (8-10)
  4. The gameplay is flipped from what the storyboard shows (the storyboard shows the circle is at the bottom, but the actual gameplay is that the circle is at the top

HD
  1. Average Circle Size (4-5)
  2. Hard Overall Difficulty (7-10)
  3. Not too punishing HP Drain (5-7)
  4. The circles will only show on the beginning , and the storyboard which will be made, can only help you read as even the approach rate is hidden

FL
  1. Average Circle Size (4-5)
  2. Not too hard Overall Difficulty ( 5-7)
  3. Not too punishing HP Drain (5-7)
  4. The gameplay part would be darken out, and only the storyboard can help you read the rhythm properly (It's like HD, but the screen is darkened, rather than having faded out circles

This project is work in progress, but I want to find GDer who can be commited on making this. Preferrably someone who had experience on mapping and has a distinguished reputation (at least to gain my notice).

Thanks for taking your time to read this and firetruck math
Kondou-Shinichi
Uh so the EZ is like uhh EZ mod? The difficulty will still be like 5*?
Topic Starter
Underdogs
Yes, gameplay is extra but difficulty would imitate easy diffs
L a n d o n
I don't think you see story boarded standard maps like these because you can just disable it all together. There wouldn't really be a point of pushing it to loved and getting a leaderboard if it's more efficient to play without the storyboard and get a higher score, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Topic Starter
Underdogs
The concept here is to imitate a gameplay from the mods that is common within the community, while taking the base concept of some famous maps which is created with a gimmick (for example Hollow Wings Tsubaki).

About loved, i am not sure myself. This is wip so yeah, cant say for sure
Kondou-Shinichi
:thinking: