starz~
Sushi
Yo.

IRC Modding
Derekku

Sushi wrote:

Yo.

IRC Modding
It would be helpful for others if you would at least post a few things you modded. :p

[General]
*Offset could use a +5.
*I really dislike two-difficulty mapsets. They usually don't provide enough of a difficulty spread for everyone to enjoy them. Right now, you have a 1M score normal and a 13M score Insane with no middle-ground between them. :/
*Custom hitsounds are <3, but the soft-sliderslide drumroll noise is kinda annoying for this song. Maybe you could add a blank sound for that?
*And actually, I kinda expected the normal and clap sounds to be reversed. oxo I don't know if it's just me, but I think they sound better like that. *reversed the names of the sounds in the folder* xp
*Second kiai section should start on 03:14:481, not some random tick before it. oxo
*I was confused as to why scar's name was in the tags. If he made the Normal diff, then I suggest naming it "scar's Normal" or something like that.

[Normal]
*Perhaps raise the drain a tick.
00:58:888 (4,5,6) - triplet pattern is a bit unpredictable; perhaps make this a repeating slider? Plus, the stacked notes 00:59:905 (6,1) have a pause between them which is a bit confusing as to when to hit (1).
01:16:176 (6,7) - a bit tricky. How about changing this to how 02:29:566 (5) is. No note on the white tick, but a slider from one red tick to the next.
01:36:345 (1) - move to the next white tick and shorten. (so that the spinner doesn't come up before you hit the note before it)
03:11:260 (1) - move to the next white tick, and then either shorten it or extend it. (There would still be two beats before the next note if you extend, which is fine)
03:32:955 (1) - move to the next white tick, and then you can shorten/extend like I suggested above.
*This is a bit harder than I'd like to see for the easiest diff in a mapset (mildly fast slider velocity and fast-paced beats), but I suppose it'll be fine if you at least make the changes I pointed out.

[Insane]
*I actually think that this would sound a lot better with just tick rate 1.
*Difficulty settings are a bit low for an Insane diff, but since you don't have an actual Hard...
00:22:277 (2) - actually expected this to be only 1/2 after (i.e., a jump), so maybe move it a bit further away?
00:27:023 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I thought it was kinda strange that the first stream is closely-spaced, but the next is wider. o.o
00:32:023 (1,2,3,4) - didn't expect this offbeat pattern at all (and it's the only one in the entire map). I suggest making 1-2 and 3-4 each a slider. A map should be sightreadable and FCable on its first try, and this was just too unexpected.
02:51:260 (11,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - This wouldn't be so bad if the pauses from 11 to 1 and 6 to 1 weren't so confusing.

So yeah. I'd say that this mapset will suffer in its current state, but another difficulty or two (a Hard and maybe a real Easy) would make it so much better.
Scar

Derekku wrote:

[Normal]
*Perhaps raise the drain a tick.
00:58:888 (4,5,6) - triplet pattern is a bit unpredictable; perhaps make this a repeating slider? Plus, the stacked notes 00:59:905 (6,1) have a pause between them which is a bit confusing as to when to hit (1).
01:16:176 (6,7) - a bit tricky. How about changing this to how 02:29:566 (5) is. No note on the white tick, but a slider from one red tick to the next.
01:36:345 (1) - move to the next white tick and shorten. (so that the spinner doesn't come up before you hit the note before it)
03:11:260 (1) - move to the next white tick, and then either shorten it or extend it. (There would still be two beats before the next note if you extend, which is fine)
03:32:955 (1) - move to the next white tick, and then you can shorten/extend like I suggested above.
*This is a bit harder than I'd like to see for the easiest diff in a mapset (mildly fast slider velocity and fast-paced beats), but I suppose it'll be fine if you at least make the changes I pointed out.
All fixed~ thanks~

Download: misono - VS (Eirene) [Normal].osu
Garven
Sorry for the delay. -_-

[Scar's Normal]
00:51:097 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - This was kind of boring since it's just the same repeating slider for a looong time. Maybe try to mix it up a little bit and make it more interesting?
01:36:521 (1) - Kind of expected another note here and the spinner to start at 01:36:859 -
02:30:418 - This is a really long break. Maybe map through some of it?
03:14:486 - Start kiai here
03:33:131 (1) - Expected note here, spinner start one beat later
03:38:555 (1) - ^

[Hard]
This is really hard for a hard. I can only imagine what the Insane is going to be like. :/
That said, the first break feels way too far into the map to me. Might be better having one at 01:39:571 - and mapping through the break at 02:22:960 - .
01:12:113 (1) - This speed up didn't feel natural to me.
02:17:362 (2) - This one felt much better - think yo can emulate that in the previous one?
I'd like to say that you should tone this difficulty down, but that would almost be a remap at this point. The biggest issue is the distance snap and some of the larger jumps. It just pushes the difficulty through the roof and plays like an insane.

[Insane]
Uh, is this a WIP? This is the same thing as hard only with higher difficulty settings. Move this back to WIP forums if so. (Did I get the modding backward? If so, apply the mods to this one except for the difficulty commentary. :P)
Topic Starter
Eirene

Garven wrote:

SPOILER
Sorry for the delay. -_-

[Scar's Normal]
00:51:097 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - This was kind of boring since it's just the same repeating slider for a looong time. Maybe try to mix it up a little bit and make it more interesting?
01:36:521 (1) - Kind of expected another note here and the spinner to start at 01:36:859 -
02:30:418 - This is a really long break. Maybe map through some of it?
03:33:131 (1) - Expected note here, spinner start one beat later
03:38:555 (1) - ^

[Hard]
This is really hard for a hard. I can only imagine what the Insane is going to be like. :/
That said, the first break feels way too far into the map to me. Might be better having one at 01:39:571 - and mapping through the break at 02:22:960 - .
01:12:113 (1) - This speed up didn't feel natural to me.
02:17:362 (2) - This one felt much better - think yo can emulate that in the previous one?
I'd like to say that you should tone this difficulty down, but that would almost be a remap at this point. The biggest issue is the distance snap and some of the larger jumps. It just pushes the difficulty through the roof and plays like an insane.

[Insane]
Uh, is this a WIP? This is the same thing as hard only with higher difficulty settings. Move this back to WIP forums if so. (Did I get the modding backward? If so, apply the mods to this one except for the difficulty commentary. :P)
-> normal : fixed
-> hard : completed
-> insane : no change :
for the break, no rhythm = no map. I map when I think it's possible to map ;p
for the speed up, it's really natural for me and the 2 parts don't have the same rhythm. the 2nd is much calmer than the 1st

thanks *.*
Garven
Recheck, lalala

[Hard]
00:27:532 (2,3,4) - This felt kind of unnecessary - especially with the really softish custom hitsounds. Maybe use a repeat slider instead?
00:49:909 (5,6) - Maybe reduce the jump distance on these to 1.5x or so? 1.7x feels a bit far for this difficulty. At least in it's current configuration, it feels a bit far. If you use the same technique used in a lot of the other jumps, they read a lot better.
01:14:825 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^
01:54:486 (4,5) - This jump was kind of deceptive; maybe rearrange it so it reads a little better?
01:55:842 (7,2) - Line the 7 up with the end of the 2 slider or visa versa
02:08:554 (4) - Raise this up two grids to reduce overlap.
02:08:554 (4,1) - And this jump feels a tad far for the difficulty.
02:38:384 (5,1) - Not a good spot for a jump. :/
02:42:621 (3) - Maybe make this a curved slider going downwards to reduce overlap?
02:44:486 (2,3) - Kind of a big jump

No kds since it's an extension of the previous mod.
Sushi
So I Checked, recheked and checked again.

There was a jump in hard way too difficult at 02:08:554 (4,1) - in Hard. Fixed.

Now I think I can safely bubble this.

Yay for my first bubble.

EDIT : Popped

GO FIX THE SNAPING ON THE INSANE AND THE NORMAL

EDIT 2 : Rebubb

Corrected snaping and nazi cosmetic stuff.
Andrea
Really good map, hitsounds are just awesome!

Ranked~
Kurai
Enfin :33
Derekku
Was going to do a requested remod of this last night, but lo and behold my internet was out for 6 hours. Well.. congrats!
Topic Starter
Eirene
hahaha no problem derekku ... you'll other maps to mod soon ;p
btw, thanks everyone =D
banvi
very nice map~ <3
Topic Starter
Eirene

banvi wrote:

very nice map~ <3
thanks *.*
but I hope I can make better maps =D
Derekku

Eirene wrote:

:S!!
Derekku

Derekku wrote:

Eirene wrote:

:S!!
EDIT:

James2250 wrote:

Start the second kiai time at 03:14:481 (on the note)

Derekku wrote:

kiai section should start on 03:14:481

Garven wrote:

Garven wrote:

(Remod) 03:14:486 - Start kiai here
So... why exactly does the kiai start a beat before where everyone said to put it? :V Most of the time, kiai starts on the downbeat (big white tick) of a measure. In this case, you put kiai on the lead-in to the measure, which doesn't make much sense. Please remember this for your future maps.

Also, you have kiai ending in the middle of the spinner on Hard, but that's not as noticeable as the kiai starting early.
Topic Starter
Eirene
it's my choice *.* most of the time I hate how kiai is used so...
I prefer when the kiai start here... it's not a mistake... am I wrong ?
Derekku

Eirene wrote:

it's my choice *.* most of the time I hate how kiai is used so...
I prefer when the kiai start here... it's not a mistake... am I wrong ?
I never saw you respond to anyone about the kiai which is why it looked more like a mistake than your personal choice. There's really not a right or wrong place to put kiai, but take the offset of your map as an example. You place the offset on the downbeat (strongest beat) of the measure. Sometimes a song will have a lead-in beat or two, so you wouldn't put the offset on one of those, but rather the downbeat as explained here. Most of the time, kiai looks/sounds better being on the downbeat. In the case of your map, you put the kiai on the lead-in beat to the measure which looked strange.
Musty
Congratulation salmon *.*
Topic Starter
Eirene

Derekku wrote:

I never saw you respond to anyone about the kiai which is why it looked more like a mistake than your personal choice. There's really not a right or wrong place to put kiai, but take the offset of your map as an example. You place the offset on the downbeat (strongest beat) of the measure. Sometimes a song will have a lead-in beat or two, so you wouldn't put the offset on one of those, but rather the downbeat as explained here. Most of the time, kiai looks/sounds better being on the downbeat. In the case of your map, you put the kiai on the lead-in beat to the measure which looked strange.
I understand what do you mean, but it's really my choice...
I made the kiai start at the begining of the chorus, I feel this is more natural... and it's not illogical I think...
(and before the map was modded, kiai started on the previous blue tick, which was a mistake)

btw, rather than complaining about kiai start time... you should complain about maps full of kiai or kiai that makes a map unplayable =D

well... enough about the kiai now, I'll try to make the kiai ended after the spinner next time ;p
Rost94
Very good beatmap :3