forum

//NIGHTGATE/pro/Minimal, Futuristic, 9 Colors.//

posted
Total Posts
show more
FrontStreet
The download link isn't secure, being blocked by Windows Defender and Malwarebytes :?
Topic Starter
-yuo-

thanks charles for that!

Osuplayer42069 wrote:

The download link isn't secure, being blocked by Windows Defender and Malwarebytes :?
I'm having trouble finding other services.

puush - unstable uploads and really bad organisation
dropbox - download bandwidth limits
Gdrive - downlod bandwidth limits
mega - annoying download method
mediafire - ads and file preparation

hightail's UI isnt a direct download and there is a misleading 'download all' button that downloads it as a zip instead of osk. but is the best so far.
uncluttred, simple, organised.
Venix
lol awesome work
Liolap
Holy this skin is dope af man great work
One thing though, I noticed that the mania-hit (100-200-300) are still from your VOEZ skin and haven't been skinned to fit the theme. Are you going to skin those elements as well ?
Also I'm looking forward to other colors versions since green is not my cup of tea (still looks good though). Do you have a concrete date of releasing them ?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Liolap

-yuo-, a while ago, wrote:

-yuo- wrote:

-------------------UPDATE b5-5, bugfix-------------------

WHATS UP?
**SIGHHH**
that big bug in the setup folder rendering the whole skin unusable for standard defenition has been removed.
also fixed up the lifebar background for SD users while i was at it.

The prefs folder isnt converted to SD yet though, will do once new elements come into there.

also,

Looking for suggestions on what to do for:
- mania hitbursts, because the one being used right now is very good with readability but its not original cuz its from VOEZ skin.
- Any more prefs ideas?

to do prefs:
mania judgement laser off
catch judgement laser off
'pattern' hitcircle colour
choice of reverse arrows
edit 'unranked' sprite when displayed on the side of the screen
anymore i missed?
also, i have absolutley no idea when i will get the other colours done...

all i can say is - s o o n -

(sorry)

Venix

Venix wrote:

lol awesome work
thaanksss
h3oCharles
For mania hitbursts, use your combo colors to color either DDR-like text or 320, 300, 200, 100, 50, MISS
Topic Starter
-yuo-
i've tried that with hallfetica font

readability was horrible compared to voez since the colour changes too much, font is too small, and it dissappears too fast...

with the voez ones, the glow gives something special to readbility... when the white stays constant, but the glow changes colour it's somehow more visible to the human (or at least, my eye). maybe its because the whole stage is flat colour, while the score is glowing, which makes them differ and not distract. probs why but i dunno.

the two diamonds also provide an easier distinguish -ability between 300 and perfect, encouraging you to fill that diamond and get perfects, and also balances out for changing widths in the text.
Han Byul_old
What does the b21-6 and p16-7 mean??
Topic Starter
-yuo-
beta [DATE]
proofread [DATE]

these are version codes.

date shows which is the latest one.
Liolap

Also just a little grammar stuff, the "weather" should be "whether"
Nothing too serious, just figured I should point this out for you
Looking forward to other colours version soon <3
Topic Starter
-yuo-
that wont be there for long so i wont bother about it...

im also quite busy currently so skinning might tightly be restricted to my weekends... sorry for the slow updates.

i've also found a problem with the mac fix folder so yup.
Aurele
I really love this skin! It's a whole new experience.

Whenever you are done with the other colors, send me a PM so we can move it to finished skins ;)
Topic Starter
-yuo-
sure

seems like there is a lack of bugs!

i'll now persue the colours, although my time is quite limited now..
unfortunatley, due to the complexity of this skin this would mean that any more bugs found would be locked in... so. yeh.

thanks for waiting everyone!
h3oCharles
Hype it up boiiz!
Topic Starter
-yuo-
dont get too hyped XD

my workload has exploded so progress will be

very.
slow.
xi9w

-yuo- wrote:

dont get too hyped XD

my workload has exploded so progress will be

very.
slow.
I can help out with the colours if you want :)
Topic Starter
-yuo-
SUREEEEEE

hows this gonna work..

I use a photoshop rule to recolour them and it worked quite well.
i managed to recolour all coloured elements in one go (~2mins) but some of them are a bit discoloured

my flow is
1. separate 'coloured' and 'not coloured' files into folders
2. batch colour the 'coloured' files using PS
3. touchup the discoloured elements (i have a list-in-the-making of these)
4. copy and merge them back together IN A SEPERATE folder for testing, to keep the backup
5. fix up any problems in the test

6. colour the options folder the same way

i could give you the dropbox where all skin assets are stored...
xi9w

-yuo- wrote:

SUREEEEEE

hows this gonna work..

I use a photoshop rule to recolour them and it worked quite well.
i managed to recolour all coloured elements in one go (~2mins) but some of them are a bit discoloured

my flow is
1. separate 'coloured' and 'not coloured' files into folders
2. batch colour the 'coloured' files using PS
3. touchup the discoloured elements (i have a list-in-the-making of these)
4. copy and merge them back together IN A SEPERATE folder for testing, to keep the backup
5. fix up any problems in the test

6. colour the options folder the same way

i could give you the dropbox where all skin assets are stored...
I would seperate the elements as well and batch recolour all elements that are a solid colour with the new colour, then do the ones with drop shadows and other black areas myself. But your workflow sounds much faster :P
Topic Starter
-yuo-
the photoshop rule preserves black and white. which took a long time to get but i got it in the end XD

ill give you the stuff soon. currently busy...
h3oCharles
Progress update plz
Topic Starter
-yuo-
uh...
replied to forums...

soz

(did start a little for the pink tho. was a test to the photoshop rule)
HyperSlayer72
Minor Heads up The Wrong files are in the "UI > Cursor Trail > Off" Folder. Great Work So far by the way. Have you considered making a webpage dedicated to previewing "Presets" of the skin? Or at-least providing comparison images in a custom settings folder.

Edit: One other reccomendation, I find the "Simple" Spinner to still be too distracting, so I removed the blur, the the Spin message (Ive played this game before I know what to do when I see a spinner :P). A provided "Unmarked Simple" spinner would be cool to see.
h3oCharles

HyperSlayer72 wrote:

Edit: One other reccomendation, I find the "Simple" Spinner to still be too distracting, so I removed the blur, and made the word spin smaller. A provided "Small and Simple" spinner would be cool to see.
Have you tried using the Minimal (very simple) one?
HyperSlayer72
Erm is that a thing? I just see the Detailed and Simple Options
h3oCharles

HyperSlayer72 wrote:

Erm is that a thing? I just see the Detailed and Simple Options
Old version is old, what can I say...
HyperSlayer72
Alright, I actually had to do a few more things to make this usable for me. I used the old circular hit-bursts without the animated frames for the miss icon, I used the single filled dot for the hit100k, hit300k, and hit300g. Even the take 1 and take 2 icons are too distracting (personally). I also liked the new interaction sounds, but after about 30 seconds had to delete them due to how repetitive they became. offering sounds that dont drag on for as long and stay more in the background is a must.

To provide for detail for the audio. The click-short, and menuclick tracks repeat there "tick" sound more than once, resulting in extra feedback for interactions not being made. Shortening them down to one tick got rid of 50% of the anxiety I was getting. For tracks like key-movement, menuback, menuhit, pause-back-click, pause-continue-click, pause-retry-click, sectionfail, sectionpass, select-difficutly, reducing the reverb or attenuation (im not sure what the correct term is) down to about 15% of what it currently is would allow me to actually use them.

Minor Heads up im not trying to seem overly critical or demanding, ive made these adjustments to my skin and am happy with it, im just trying to provide constructive feedback. I do love the skin and love the amount of customization it already has.
h3oCharles

HyperSlayer72 wrote:

To provide for detail for the audio. The click-short, and menuclick tracks repeat there "tick" sound more than once, resulting in extra feedback for interactions not being made. Shortening them down to one tick got rid of 50% of the anxiety I was getting. For tracks like key-movement, menuback, menuhit, pause-back-click, pause-continue-click, pause-retry-click, sectionfail, sectionpass, select-difficutly, reducing the reverb or attenuation (im not sure what the correct term is) down to about 15% of what it currently is would allow me to actually use them.
There are interface sounds w/o echo available

Also, not sure if you know, this skin is approaching final completion
HyperSlayer72
Alright I apologize, I was using an old version accidentally, Only problem remaining is the slider audio. I have no other gripes, amazing job.
dtnc21
…Uh, I'm gonna assume that Taiko SD is not quite done yet…?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
sorry for the looooongg delay in progress, I've come to a critical time of my life which means I would need to focus and workloads have skyrocketed. if any chance comes where I can skin, I will, but this is quite rare so sorry about this.

also, please ensure you are using the proofread version of the skin which starts with a "p" before putting in a bug report. thanks!
dtnc21
Oh. Whoops. Sorry for wasting your time.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
no it's fine it was my fault for not being too clear at the downloads

also could someone pleas check if taiko SD is working properly on the proofread version? thanks for helpingg
dtnc21
We're good.
h3oCharles
not sure if it's true, fruit catcher bug still exists... maybe preferences folder still has the bugged one?
Kljunar
I don't see the download button in Hightail, it's just empty.

Maybe I'm missing something?
h3oCharles

Kljunar wrote:

I don't see the download button in Hightail, it's just empty.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Confirmed, download link is down!
body
So there's still the download page that sends you to Hightail but there's no skin to download there :?:
h3oCharles

body wrote:

So there's still the download page that sends you to Hightail but there's no skin to download there :?:
yyup :/
Soka
Can confirm this is true.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Reuploaded.

Is it working?

just found that peer-to-peer file sharing programs exist. Maybe i'll experiment installing one on my server and seeing if that works sometime.
show more