forum

[invalid] Hip hop

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5,979
show more
Caput Mortuum
They won't grow unless someone took action. You have to do it yourself since not many people map hip hop around here.
Topic Starter
HeadCRACK
Lyawi, great idea - unfortunately i still have A LOT to learn. But it's always a possibility.
Rivals, thanks for that. Althought i dont recognize 8 out of those 10 hip hop artists im talking about more main stream hip hop

Mobb deep
wu tang
jadakiss
cormega
Nas
big pun
ETC.

secondly, the reason im asking for help and direction is because im new here and dont know where to look, as i start getting more comfortable my threads will become tighter.
_Meep_
You're pretty new I see,only just joined today.
One thing why we don't have much pop songs is that this community of mappers simply just like more japanese songs than anything else.
We mappers are what creates the beatmaps and songs you play every day.
Even I don't even know 90% of all songs I know now unfil I played osu.
The artists you mentioned well i dont even know em ._.
Like Eraser said, learn to map, watch this sexy guy's tutorials on how to start mapping and what to look for https://www.youtube.com/user/Pishifat
Ignite
Great Idea! Take my stars.
Sandy Hoey

Ignite wrote:

You wasted those stars on a request that cannot happen because maps are not created by devs. They are created by the community. If you want to play these sorts of maps, make them yourself as other have suggested. Or see if any mappers have similar taste as you by talking to them
Kaifin
this is a really good idea, +86
Deltmin
this is cool
+18 :)!
Ignite

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Ignite wrote:

You wasted those stars on a request that cannot happen because maps are not created by devs. They are created by the community. If you want to play these sorts of maps, make them yourself as other have suggested. Or see if any mappers have similar taste as you by talking to them
prove it idiot
Triniset
Finally after so many years of looking for the perfect request I have found something I can truly dedicate my stars to. +164!
Maji
this resonates with my soul and body. please take these stars
vrnl
I've looked for something to use my stars on.. Finally I found something useful! Here you go : )
Toy
I can't think of a better cause
-Muted-
i guess i give you a start :<<<<<
defiance
as much as i would like this to happen there's some problems as to why it doesn't

1. depending on how old it is, the timing might be fairly hard (decimal bpm, variable, etc.)

2. it's fairly repetitive, so you'd have to be a repetitive, not fun to play map. you can also try vocal mapping, but that's also difficult and doesn't always really work.

3. a lot of people don't really want to map hip hop, as much as that sucks, the reasons above are why

i like that you want to see a change in genres, but it's kinda difficult unfortunately :/
Kaifin

osuskrub wrote:

3. a lot of people don't really want to map hip hop, as much as that sucks, the reasons above are why
if this reaches #1 most requested feature will map and rank a rap song
Yuii-

Kaifin wrote:

osuskrub wrote:

And I will be qualifying it. Word.
dunois
+15 !

cant wait to see what the future of osu will become~
Ignite
#HipHosu!
Toy

Kaifin wrote:

osuskrub wrote:

if it's not the full rapper's delight by the sugar hill gang i wont support it
Storyboarder

Yuii- wrote:

Kaifin wrote:

And I will be qualifying it. Word.
And I will be storyboarding it.

+70
Foxy Grandpa
+26, this is what osu needs
Pein
i lov Hip Hop :P :P :D
defiance
i might have been wrong about #3. seeing how much attention this has gotten might inspire me to map something from hip hop
Mismagius

you have waited so long for this

goodbye

PotatoJet
yay hip hop :)
ProfessionalBox
Posting for archive
hehe
he rack
Uberzolik
finally i have found a pure and true reason to exert my right as a citizen to vote
Rynnavinx
ok what the actual butthole is going on here wtf
Caput Mortuum
where the hell did these guys come from
Somi
Hip Hop TV Size maps coming soon? :thinking:
JierYagtama
wew
Natteke desu

f a r e w e l l

Lyawi

Eraser wrote:

where the hell did these guys come from
Good question lol

You all should know that peppy or other developers aren't the ones who give us beatmaps - the community has some mappers and you can be one of them. As I already said: if you want to change something, become a mapper and rank maps with this genre. The only thing developers could do is searching for a featured artist who makes hip hop music, so that people maybe map some songs of that. But even this isn't a sure thing.
Okoayu
what the hell is even going on at this point
Kaifin

Okorin wrote:

what the hell is even going on at this point
this is the battlecry of a generation

cant stop voting until death grips becomes the next featured artist
Nifty
I like how half the songs in the hip hop section aren't even hip hop.

Seriously... BIGBANG?
Nao Tomori
gratz on questionmark!!! hopefully this makes its way to the approved section soon!!
Repflez
wtf with the stars

this has reddit written all over it, I'm pretty sure.

Kaifin wrote:

cant stop voting until death grips becomes the next featured artist
Isn't Death Grips, dunno... Dead? 👀
n0ah
I am impressed
amge
praise hip hop
Nitrous
I question /r/osugame as a community.

Also, look at all of the money wasted. Good stuff.
Histoire
i agree, good use of stars
Fu Xuan
g
semaphore
omg YES PLEASE take my vote
Lulu-
hoYl wtf i'
m gYa< now ! !
newton-
hip hop or riot
-Touka-
free hip hop
_Meep_
is this even a legit thread
apparently asking for songs is a feature now
i should ask for more miley cyrus too then since its a feature that can be added to osu
Seolv

_Meep_ wrote:

is this even a legit thread
apparently asking for songs is a feature now
i should ask for more miley cyrus too then since its a feature that can be added to osu
same
map kpop kthxbye
Flanster
Well then, this was an unusual thing. While I feel sorry for people supporting it with over 3500 stars, it's not even a valid feature request :(
But you know, most of you knew the outcome. If you wan't more hip hop, map more hip hop songs! It's all up to you guys!